Kimberly Hartke firstname.lastname@example.org
703-860-2711, cell 703-675-5557
For Immediate Release
16th Annual International Nutrition Conference on the Benefits of Healthy Fats and Traditional Foods
Wise Traditions Coming to Anaheim, California November 13-16th
Washington, DC – September 4, 2015–[ GlobeNewswire ] The 16th annual Wise Traditions conference 2015, hosted by the Weston A. Price Foundation, is coming to Anaheim, California, November 13-16. Mark Bittman, of the New York Times, proclaimed that “Butter is Back.” Conference participants will learn why butter is a health food, and why animal fats and coconut oil should be a part of everyone’s diet.
The conference will be held at the Anaheim Marriott, 770 West Convention Way, in Anaheim, California. The International conference is open to the public and offers CEU credits to some health professions.
“If you are aiming to improve your diet and your health, the most important step you can take is to understand which fats are healthy and how you can incorporate them into your diet,” says Sally Fallon Morell, president of the Weston A. Price Foundation. “This conference will highlight the science that supports the need for traditional fats in the diet, for everything from hormone production to weight loss to protection against cancer and heart disease.”
Wise Traditions conference 2015 featured speakers include:
• Allan Savory, founder of Africa Center for Holistic Management and the Savory Institute, which is teaching the world how holistic management practices restore desert regions to fertile pastures.
• Natasha Campbell-McBride, MD, PhD, author of Gut and Psychology Syndrome and creator of the GAPS diet, which helps sufferers of autism, ADHD, depression and schizophrenia.
• Kim Schuette, CN, owner of Biodynamic Wellness, a private practice in San Diego. Kim teaches the importance of real food for optimal health and her clinic specializes in biotherapeutic solutions to hormonal imbalance, ADHD/ADD and other children’s health issues, mindful preconception.
• Louisa Williams, MS, DC, ND, author of Radical Medicine and naturopathic medicine doctor from Marin County. She uses modalities from around the world, including constitutional homeopathy, auriculotherapy, neural therapy, nutritional supplementation, and counseling patients on the importance of a nutrient-dense, organic, GMO-free diet.
• Chris Masterjohn, PhD, Brooklyn College assistant professor of health and nutrition sciences. Chris reversed his own serious health problems with the Weston A. Price Foundation diet. He now is a nutrition researcher and regular contributor to the WAPF Wise Traditions journal, and the author of eight peer-reviewed scientific papers.
• Denise Minger, author of Death by Food Pyramid, will share her journey from raw veganism back to health with traditional foods, and her discovery of the role bad science is playing in our health decisions.
• Philip Weeks, LAc, ND, is a leading holistic health practitioner in the United Kingdom. An herbalist, acupuncturist and naturopath, he employs the ancient wisdom of Chinese, Ayurvedic and Greek medicine in his clinics.
• Stephanie Seneff, PhD, senior research scientist at MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory. She is the first author of several recently published papers on theories proposing that a low-micronutrient, high-carbohydrate diet contributes to the metabolic syndrome, Alzheimer’s.
Wise Traditions conference 2015 attracts health-conscious families, farmers, chefs, journalists and health professionals from around the world. This year’s theme is “Focus on Fats.” Attendees are able to participate in thought-provoking seminars, cooking demonstrations and exhibits showcasing local and traditional foods.
The highly anticipated event will culminate in the Raw Milk Symposium on November 16. Industry insiders like Mark McAfee, the largest raw milk producer in the United States, will give dynamic lectures focusing on raw milk benefits and safety practices. The Raw Milk Symposium will be available on livestream. For a complete schedule of events and registration information, please visit: wisetraditions.org. To register, call 540-722-7104 or email email@example.com.
The Weston A. Price Foundation is a Washington, DC-based nutrition education 501(c)(3) with the mission of disseminating science-based information on diet and health. WAPF publishes a quarterly journal for its 16,000 members, supports 600 local chapters worldwide and hosts a yearly international conference. Contact at (202) 363-4394, westonaprice.org, firstname.lastname@example.org.
At a Glance
Event: 16th Annual International Wise Traditions Conference 2015
Date: November 13-16, 2015
Location: Anaheim Marriott, 770 West Convention Way, in Anaheim, California 92802.
Event Website: WiseTraditions.org
Register: Call 540-722-7104 or email email@example.com.
The 16th Annual Wise Traditions Conference, sponsored by the Weston A. Price Foundation, will be held November 13-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Marriott, in Anaheim, California. This health and wellness conference teaches holistic, natural approaches to resolving chronic health challenges. Notable nutrition and alternative health experts, organic farmers give practical solutions for a greener, healthier lifestyle. Call 540-722-7104 or register online: WiseTraditions.org.
Public Service Announcement
Word Count: 77
Reading Time: 30 seconds
Going green with your lifestyle? Don’t forget your health! The International Wise Traditions Conference 2015 is coming to Anaheim, California November 13-16th. Join health seekers from around the world to learn from leading eco-health experts the latest nutrition and wellness strategies plus shop an amazing exhibit hall of holistic remedies, organic foods and natural supplements. The conference is open to the public, CEU credits offered for some health professions. Call 540-722-7104 to register, learn more online at www.WiseTraditions.org.