As a WAPF member, you will receive:
- Our quarterly journal: Wise Traditions in Food, Farming, and the Healing Arts,
a lively journal with cutting-edge articles on current scientific research, human diets, pasture-based agriculture, holistic therapies, legislative updates, legal issues, as well as sources of nutrient-dense foods.
- Our annual Shopping Guide,
a thoroughly researched booklet that fits into your pocket or purse and ranks products in three categories: best, good and avoid. It includes meat, seafood, dairy, nuts, grains, fats and oils, sweeteners, soups, fruits and vegetables, snacks, bread and beverages.
- Our informative brochures
One copy each of our dietary guidelines booklet and our seven trifold brochures covering the topics butter, cholesterol, cancer, cod liver oil, soy, real milk and trans fats.
- Discount tuition to our regional conferences and the Wise Traditions International Conference
The nation’s premier conference on diet and health.
- Timely email information and action alerts.
Membership fees are $40/year for US, $50/year international and $25/year for seniors and students. As a WAPF member, you will support our many projects including:
- Nearly 600 local chapters to help health-conscious consumers obtain nutrient-dense foods locally.
- The Campaign for Real Milk and RealMilk.com to help you locate raw milk and support the growing raw milk movement.
- Soy Alert! a campaign to eliminate this toxic food from our diet.
- Laboratory research on fat-soluble vitamins and other nutrition topics.
- Hosting and maintaining a huge website
- Hosting conferences
- Publication and mailing of 100+ page quarterly journal, brochures and Healthy 4 Life booklets
- Shopping Guide research and publication
- Legislative work and updates by Judith McGeary
- A registered nurse on call to answer baby questions
- Maintaining the WAPF office and four paid employees
- Phone and email correspondence to answer countless inquiries
- Action alerts sent for events and legislative issues
- Over 100 exhibits per year—payment of registration fees and materials
- Offering inexpensive advertising in our quarterly journal
- Financial support to Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund
- Financing a PBS program about traditional foods
- Advertising in other publications, posting on Facebook and blogs
- A publicist doing press releases and arranging media interviews
- Future restaurant rating project
Message from our president Sally Fallon Morell