An Invitation from the Farm-to-Consumer Foundation
Please join us with the Farm-to-Consumer Foundation in our first educational
seminar, featuring sustainable farming guru and visionary Joel Salatin. Mr. Salatin will discuss the importance of creating local food networks – how farmers can organize with other farmers, and how the consumer can play a role to advance local sustainable farming.
We visualize farmers and consumers stepping up to the plate equally to ensure a world where small, sustainable farms can thrive and where, as consumers, we continue to have excellent food choices. Indeed, at this critical juncture in the history of farming and food, we must all make it a priority to do everything we can to support our alternative food sources. The Foundation is organizing educational seminars as a vehicle for learning what we can all do to help.
BRINGING FARMERS TO THE PLATE
The Challenge of Rebuilding the Local Food Web Through Farmer Cooperation and Consumer Awareness
WHEN: January 30, 2008
TIME: 8:00 p.m. EST
We all have something in common. We want to protect our farms and our health. To accomplish these very important goals we need to understand the intricacies of farming, how your farms benefit from local food networks and how the consumer helps farms succeed. This teleconference is very important for anyone who has any relationship with a farm. Folks, that is all of us!
Mr. Salatin will speak for 40 minutes and then we will devote another 20 minutes for a Q & A session.
Please visit https://www.ptfassociates.com/secure/ftcldf/seminar_signup.html to register for the opportunity to hear Joel speak!
JOEL SALATIN, Featured Speaker
Joel F. Salatin, 50, is a full time farmer in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley. A third generation alternative farmer, he returned to the farm full time in 1982 and continued refining and adding to his parent’s ideas.
Mr. Salatin’s family farm, Polyface Inc. (“The Farm of Many Faces”) has been featured in SMITHSONIAN MAGAZINE, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, GOURMET and countless other radio, television and print media. Profiled on the Lives of the 21st Century series with Peter Jennings on ABC World News his after broadcast chat room fielded more hits than any other segment to date.
Joel has authored five books, four of them how-to:
- PASTURED POULTRY PROFITS: Net $25,000 in 6 months on 20 acres.
- SALAD BAR BEEF, A fundamentally fresh way to look at the symbiosis between farmer, field, and cow, this book is now a classic in the pasture-based livestock movement.
- YOU CAN FARM: For all the wannabes and newbies, this book is subtitled: “The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Start and Succeed in a Farming Enterprise.”
- FAMILY FRIENDLY FARMING: A Multi-Generational Home Based Business Testament.
- HOLY COWS AND HOG HEAVEN: The Food Buyer’s Guide to Farm Friendly Food, is an attempt to bring producers & patrons together in mutual understanding an appreciation.
- EVERYTHING I WANT TO DO IS ILLEGAL: War Stories from the Local Front.