Chances are, your great-great-grandmother didn’t obsess over what she ate. She didn’t count calories, measure out carbs, or worry about the fat content of what was on her dinner plate. And chances are, she was healthier than you and me!
Nutrition doesn’t have to be as complicated as we’ve made it out to be. But if it’s so simple, where did we go wrong? Filmmaker Brian Sanders, of the documentary “Food Lies,” exposes the food lies that have added to our confusion and wrecked our health. In today’s conversation, he suggests we ditch dietary dogma and return to ancestral wisdom.
Brian covers how we’ve lost touch with our own instincts when it comes to eating, what’s behind food fads that appear “healthy” at first blush, why meat has been deemed “unhealthy,” and why it’s critical for this generation to turn things around.
Highlights from the conversation include:
- Brian’s personal health journey and experience with his parents’ ill health
- Why he considers veganism an inappropriate diet for humans
- The well-rounded foundations of a WAPF/Wise Traditions diet
- Why nutrition doesn’t have to be so complicated
- Why it’s important to know where your food comes from
- Conventional versus ancestral wisdom
- Why we’re fatter and sicker than any other generation
- Why “whole foods” isn’t the same thing as “Whole Foods”
- The consumerism behind food fads
- How we got each macronutrient wrong
- The generational wisdom we’ve lost
- What wisdom Brian has gained from his international travels
Food Lies post – Indiegogo campaign
Brian’s website – Sapien🖨️ Print post