Once a standard supplement in traditional European societies, cod liver oil provides fat-soluble vitamins A and D, which Dr. Price found present in the diet of “primitives” in amounts ten times higher than the typical American diet of his day. Cod liver oil supplements are a must for women and their male partners, to be taken for several months before conception, and for women during pregnancy. Growing children will also benefit greatly from a small daily dose.
Dr. Price always gave cod liver oil with butter oil, extracted by centrifuge from good quality spring or fall butter. He found that cod liver oil on its own was relatively ineffective but combined with butter oil produced excellent results. Your diet should include both good quality, organic butter and cod liver oil.
Please start your exploration of cod liver oil with our article Cod Liver Oil Basics and Recommendations, which includes brand recommendations and dosage estimates.
Read this introduction in: French
- A Response to Dr. Joe Mercola on Cod Liver Oil April 30, 2009
- Cod Liver Oil Basics and Recommendations February 9, 2009
- Cod Liver Oil Manufacturing March 1, 2006
- Cod Liver Oil: Setting the Record Straight May 1, 2009
- Constant Controversy January 8, 2016
- December 2008 Update 2 on Cod Liver Oil February 7, 2009
- December 2008 Update on Cod Liver Oil December 1, 2008
- Fermented Cod Liver Oil Available from Chapter Leaders and Members August 23, 2009
- Fermented Cod Liver Oil Concerns August 24, 2015
- Fermented Fish Foods January 15, 2016
- Hook, Line, and Thinker: Adding Context to Kaayla Daniels’ Report on Fermented Cod Liver Oil November 7, 2015
- King’s American Dispensatory on Cod Liver Oil February 7, 2009
- Questions and Answers About Fermented Cod Liver Oil (FCLO) August 28, 2015
- The Cod Liver Oil Debate April 30, 2009
- The Yin and Yang of Cod Liver Oil April 26, 2006
- Update on Cod Liver Oil Manufacture April 30, 2009
- Vitamin D in Cod Liver Oil December 4, 2015