As part of our public affairs activities, the Weston A. Price Foundation submits testimony before various Congressional and Senate committees, and meetings of regulatory agencies on the Dietary Guidelines, Food Pyramid, Child Nutrition Act, Soy Infant Formula, and more. Documents linked below are PDFs of our official testimony on foundation letterhead or PowerPoint presentations.
On the Raw Cheese Safety
On the 2015 Dietary Guidelines
Comments to FDA/FSIS on Salt
On Preventative Controls for Registered Human Food and Animal Food/Feed Facilities
On the Food Safety Modernization Act
- 2011-JUL-06: Submitted Comments on Inspection and Enforcement of the Food Safety Modernization Act (PDF), submitted to the Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
On the Child Nutrition Act
- 2003-DEC-15: Oral Testimony on the Child Nutrition Act (PDF) before the Senate Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry Committee and the House Education and Workforce Committee.
On the Food Pyramid
- 2004-AUG-19: Oral Testimony on the Food Pyramid and Food Guidance System (PDF) at the US Department of Agriculture’s (USDA’s) Public Hearing.
- 2004-AUG-26: Submitted Comments on the Food Pyramid and Food Guidance System (PDF) submitted to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion.
On the 2010 Dietary Guidelines
- 2010-JUL-8: Testimony on New Proposed USDA Dietary Guidelines (PDF) submitted to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) by Kathryne Pirtle
- 2010-JUL-8: More Testimony on USDA Dietary Guidelines (PDF) submitted to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) by Sally Fallon Morell.
On the 2005 Dietary Guidelines
- 2004-JAN-16: Submitted Comments to the 2005 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee (PDF) by Sally Fallon, Mary Enig, and Bill Sanda.
- 2004-SEP-21: Oral Presentation on the 2005 Dietary Guidelines (PDF) by Sally Fallon to the 2005 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee.
- 2004-SEP-27: Submitted Comments on the Report of the 2005 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee (PDF) to the Secretaries of Agriculture and Health and Human Services.
On Soy-Based Infant Formula
- 2003-DEC-11: Oral Testimony on Soy-Based Infant Formula: Concerns and Recommendations (PPT), before the US Food & Drug Administration’s (FDA’s) Dietary Supplements, Additives and Ingredients, Food Biotechnology, Contaminants and Natural Toxicants, and Infant Formula Subcommittees.
On Solae’s FDA Petition for Soy Protein/Cancer Prevention Claim
- 2004-JUN-14: Response to Docket # 2004Q-0151 Solae Company Health Claim RE: Cancer (PDF), presented to the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA).
- PRESS RELEASE: 2004-JUN-22–Experts Urge FDA Denial of Soy Protein and Cancer Health Claim: Solae Petition Omits Many Studies Indicating Carcinogenicity of Soy.
- PRESS RELEASE: 2004-JUL-05–Health Experts Urge FDA To Deny Soy Protein Cancer Prevention Health Claim: Scientists say Solae petition omits many studies indicating soy may cause cancer.
- 2005-JAN-24: Rebuttal to Solae Health Claim re: Soy and Cancer (PDF), presented to the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA).
- 2005-APR-11: Response to Docket # 2004Q-0151 Solae Company Qualified Health Claim re Soy Protein and Cancer (PDF), presented to the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA).
On FDA Soy Protein/Heart Disease Prevention Claim
- 2008-FEB-18: Submitted Comments to Docket # 2007N-0464 Final Rule Re Food Labeling: Health Claims; Soy Protein and Heart Disease (PDF), presented to the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA).
- Weston A. Price Foundation Reply to the Soy Nutrition Institute’s Comments (PDF)