In addition to his work on nutrition, Dr. Price conducted extensive research into the destructive effects of root canals, detailed in his two-volume work Dental Infections Oral & Systemic and Dental Infections & the Degenerative Diseases. His conclusions, ignored by the orthodox dental establishment for over 50 years, are gaining renewed acceptance as holistic practitioners are discovering that the first step to recovery from degenerative disease often involves removal of all root canals in the patient’s mouth. The principles of holistic dentistry, based on the research of Weston Price, are as follows:
- Eat nutrient-dense whole foods, properly grown and prepared.
- Avoid root canals. If you have root canals and suspect that they are causing trouble, have them removed by a knowledgeable dentist.
- Avoid mercury (amalgam) fillings. If you have amalgam fillings, have them removed by a holistic dentist who specializes in mercury filling replacement.
- Orthodontics should include measures to widen the palate.
- When it is necessary to extract teeth, do so in such a way as to avoid leaving the jaw bone with cavitations, which can be focal points of infection.
- Mercury-Free and Biological Dentists: http://www.talkinternational.com/holistic-dentists/biological-dentist-usa.html (Please note, we do not maintain this list of dentists and cannot vouch for any given dentist listed, but rather provide this link as a starting point for your research. We also recommend checking with the closest local chapter of the Weston A. Price Foundation for recommendations for dentists and other healthcare practitioners.)
- Fluoride Education Project, The: http://poisonfluoride.com/pfpc/ (A project of PPFC–Parents of Fluoride-Poisoned Children)
- Fluoride Action Network: http://fluoridealert.org
- Palate-Widening Orthodontics:
Or check this site
Caption: Good dental health begins with the diet of both parents. The Samoan boy on the left was born to parents who ate nutrient-rich native foods. The Samoan boy on the right was born to parents who had abandoned their traditional diet. He has crowded dental arches and will be more susceptible to dental decay and chronic illness.🖨️ Print post