WAPF’s international outreach program has a twofold purpose:
- to teach the principles of WAPF;
- to learn about the food and health traditions of the indigenous people of the country.
Volunteering to Visit Another Country on Behalf of WAPF
Traveling to another country to represent WAPF is a big responsibility. Although WAPF covers expenses, those who take on this task are volunteers generously offering much of their time. In addition to the week or two of travel in the country, the trip requires preparation months in advance. Preparation for the trip includes:
- coordination with WAPF office for approval of itinerary, expenses, and the shipment of materials (as needed);
- meeting with WAPF representative for guidance on planning the trip;
- contacting people in the country and setting up speaking engagements in advance (at least 6-10 should be scheduled);
- making all travel, transportation and lodging arrangements (keeping within an approved budget);
- preparing the slide show and talking points for presentations (and tailoring them to each audience, if needed);
- translating materials/producing fliers and doing advance work to promote the visit; and
- regular meetings with fellow travelers by phone or in person (to divide up speaking and logistics responsibilities).
If you are interested in applying to do a trip, please submit the application. We prefer Local Chapter Leaders but are open to considering other members as well.
Application to Volunteer for an International Trip on Behalf of WAPF