Written by Weston A. Price Foundation
Wednesday, 04 February 2009 23:17
We've gotten many emails from site visitors who tell us that our site is so full of information, and it is so new to them, that they don't know where to begin. So, we've created this website tour to take you to some of the best pages to gain an understanding of what our foundation is all about.
Click here if you'd like to take the tour for vegetarians.
View our Beginner Videos!
- Our basic brochure, Principles of Healthy Diets: We have a 28-page introductory booklet that offers an excellent introduction to the foundation and the work of Weston A. Price. The booklet is recreated on this web page (paper copies can be ordered in the Store). Start here!
- Ancient Dietary Wisdom for Tomorrow's Children: This article will get you better acquainted with the work of Weston A. Price.
- Vitamin A Saga: This article will help you understand the vital role of Vitamin A, and the many misconceptions surrounding it, particularly that one can meet Vitamin A needs without animal foods, by eating beta carotene from vegetables.
A little more detail: The following sections will acquaint you with some of the major themes of the Foundation in our efforts to educate people about healthy traditional diets and the dangers of modern devitalized foods. You may wish to go through each page in order, or scroll down for a topic of interest and then delve in.
Soy. One of the most surprising things people learn in the brochure is that soy is not the miracle food portrayed by the soy industry.
- Soy Alert! Menu page: This page includes links to all our articles on soy. Some of the best starting points are listed below.
- The Ploy of Soy: This overview examines the history of the soybean, industry marketing efforts, and the many health problems linked to soy.
- The Tragedy of Soy Infant Formula: This article educates parents on how the soy industry's extravagant claims for the health benefits of soy formula compare to the scientific findings.
- Soy Studies and Isoflavones Studies: These listings of the dozens of studies showing the dangers of soy and soy isoflavones will help you understand the extent to which soy industry marketing and lobbying efforts are overshadowing the growing evidence against soy.
Heart Disease. Another shocker to Foundation newbies is the idea that saturated fat and cholesterol do not cause heart disease. Read more about why traditional foods like beef, eggs, butter, and organ meats are GOOD for you in the following pages:
- What Causes Heart Disease?: If it isn't saturated fat and cholesterol, then what DOES cause heart disease? Read this article to find out.
- Dangers of Statin Drugs: Doctors and drug manufacturers are turning healthy people into sick patients by prescribing statin drugs to almost everyone. Read about these dangerous drugs.
Fats. Read the following pages to get an introduction to healthy traditional fats that have nourished people for millenia, and learn to distinguish them from modern damaged fats found in processed food. Learn why lowfat diets promoted by the government and food industry just keep making us fatter.
- The Skinny on Fats: This is a lengthy article, but it effectively dismantles the lipid hypothesis (that saturated fat and cholesterol cause heart disease). An excellent introduction to the basic science of fats and the political issues surrounding the exhortation to avoid saturated fats.
Last Updated on Thursday, 23 June 2011 23:09