WESTON A. PRICE FOUNDATION
May 8, 2006
The state of Maryland is proposing a an amendment to Section 10.15.06 of the Maryland State code, which would define cow-share agreements as a “sale,” thereby prohibiting such arrangements.
We are asking ALL members to submit comments on the proposed regulation. The more letters received, the more effective will be our opposition. Cow-sharing could be a boon to both farmers and consumers in the state.
Comments must be received by May 26, so please write as soon as possible.
In your subject line please put: Regulation 10.15.06 proposed change to Milk Regulations.
Points (some or all) to address in your letter:
- The rights of consumers to choose
- The double standard that allows the sale of raw oysters, raw
vegetables, etc, but not raw milk
- Testimonials about how raw milk provided health benefits to you and your family
- The rights of Americans to enter into contractual arrangements
- The safety of raw milk
- The economic benefit to farmers
Please email your comments to
Michele Phinney, Director
Office of Regulation and Policy Coordination
Department of Health and mental Hygiene
regs (at) dhmh.state.md.us
If you live in the state of Maryland, please also fax your comments to: (410) 333-7687
If you have any specific questions, please contact Sally Fallon at safallon (at) aol.com .
Thank you.🖨️ Print post