These cupcakes are gluten and grain-free, and big on flavor. In fact, you might need to adjust your spices accordingly if you aren’t as fond of ginger and cloves as we are. If you leave off the cream cheese frosting, they could easily serve as morning muffins for a quick breakfast as well.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp gelatin powder
- Beat together eggs, oil, molasses and sugar.
- Sift together coconut flour, spices, baking powder and salt.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and blend until smooth. I like to use my immersion blender to get rid of all lumps.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes and allow to cool.
- To make frosting, beat cream cheese, gelatin powder and honey until fluffy. Using a piping tool or baggie with the tip cut off, pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.