Two Congressional resolutions have been filed to stop a terrible DC law that would allow children to consent to vaccines without any notification to their parents. This is our last chance to stop this dangerous law from going into effect!
The Washington D.C. Council adopted D.C. Act 23-532, known as the Minor Consent for Vaccinations Act, on December 23, 2020. This Act removes the requirement that vaccine administrators obtain informed consent from a minor’s parent in order for the child to be vaccinated.
D.C. Act 23-532 went further than many similar bills, by allowing minors to consent to any vaccines, not just those for sexually transmitted diseases.
This Act allows minors to consent if the person administering the vaccine believes that they are “able to comprehend the need for, the nature of, and any significant risks ordinarily inherent in the medical care.” Given that most medical practitioners believe that there are NO risks to vaccines – contrary to the real facts – they presumably will consider every minor capable of informed consent.
Medical practitioners and schools frequently put extreme pressure on parents to vaccinate their children. We have numerous reports of parents who decided to vaccinate because they felt coerced into doing so despite their concerns about the risks. When many adults can’t stand up to this pressure, it’s unfair and dangerous to allow children to be placed in the role of decision maker.
Medical practitioners, schools, and others should never be permitted to coerce impressionable minor children into a medical procedure that is capable of causing injury or death behind their parent’s backs.
We need to urge Congress to vote in favor of S.J. Res. 7 and H.J. Res 25. This is the last legislative option available to stop D.C. Act 23-532 and time is running out!
Please help us today!
- Contact your two U.S. Senators and ask them to SUPPORT S.J. Res. 7.
- Contact your U.S. Congressional Representative and ask him or her to SUPPORT H.J. Res. 25.
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Senator ____ to SUPPORT S.J. Resolution 7.
We must not allow allow minors to consent to vaccines without parental consent.
As declared by the U.S. Supreme Court, vaccines are pharmaceutical products that carry risk of injury or death. It is irresponsible to allow children to make medical decisions that may injure or kill them without the knowledge of their parents.
The U.S. Federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program has awarded over 4.4 billion dollars to vaccine victims. And the true numbers of injuries are undoubtedly much higher, since it is estimated that two out of three plaintiffs are turned away and the FDA says less than 1 percent of all vaccine injuries are ever reported in the first place.
Minor children may not be aware of family medical histories, and even their own young childhood history of vaccine reactions, which would be relevant to deciding if a particular vaccine’s risks outweigh the benefits.
I urge Senator _______ to support this important resolution, which would invalidate the terrible DC Minor Consent Act.
(You can use the same sample script and talking points when calling your U.S. Representative – just ask them to support H.J. Res. 25.)
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you. You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Share a personal story, if you have relevant experience. Do you have a vaccine-injured child, and you weren’t told about the risks before vaccinating or were pressured into vaccinating despite your concerns about the risks? Do you have family members with medical conditions that would be relevant to assessing the risks, and your child doesn’t know the details?
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufactures reap all the profits from vaccines, without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm.
- Vaccines are pharmaceutical products that carry a risk of injury or death. Minor children may not be aware of family and their own personal history of vaccine reactions or personal contraindications to relay to the vaccine administrator.
- The U.S. Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The US Government has paid out more that $4.4 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to VAERS. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/
- By consenting to a vaccine, a child is also consenting a shortened statute of limitations for any claim of injury under the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program – presumably with little or no understanding of what that means. It is also much less likely vaccine reactions will be recognized and connected to the vaccine by a child on their own and filed with the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.
View text, status and history of the Joint Resolutions here:
Read D.C. Act 23-532 here: https://lims.dccouncil.us/downloads/LIMS/42000/Signed_Act/B23-0171-Signed_Act.pdf🖨️ Print post
kim janson-smith says
I’ve called. Thank you for alerting us!
thank you! called!