This delicious cornbread is made with traditionally prepared grains like masa harina and sprouted wheat and is sweetened with just a touch of honey.
- 2 cups organic masa harina, yellow corn or white
- 1 cup organic sprouted wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup whole yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients well with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, blend the wet ingredients well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix them well.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish and bake the cornbread for 50 minutes. The top should be lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread should pull out clean.
- Cool the cornbread completely before serving.