Grass-fed beef becomes very tender with long, slow, moist cooking, which is why I love my crock-pot for a foolproof cooking method. This Mexican shredded beef is great for tacos – just add your family’s favorite toppings!
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2-3 lb boneless chuck roast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 cup beef stock or water
- Melt butter in a large skillet and brown roast on all sides.
- Put roast in crock-pot with remaining ingredients. (You can mix the beef stock with juices in browning pan before adding to crock-pot for additional flavor).
- Cook in crock-pot on high for 6 hours or low for 10-12 hours.
- Shred beef in crock-pot with forks before serving.