URGENT ACTION ALERT
OPPOSE HOUSE BILL 883 AND SENATE BILL 407
WHICH WOULD REMOVE THE PERSONAL BELIEF EXEMPTION TO VACCINES, PUSH FLU VACCINES TO CHILDREN AND TURN SCHOOLS INTO VACCINE CLINICS IN PENNSYLVANIA
Pennsylvania needs to urgently mobilize to help put a stop to this egregious intrusion into our medical freedoms and manipulation of our schools and children.
HB 883 would remove the philosophical belief exemption and amend the religious exemption to require the parent to file an affidavit with a health care practitioner’s signature to prove they have been indoctrinated about vaccines to obtain a religious exemption. HB 883 has been introduced and referred to the House Committee on Health
SB 407 would promote influenza for all children ages 6 months to 18 years and allow schools to become influenza vaccine clinics. SB 407 has been introduced and referred to the Senate Public Health and Welfare Committee
ACTION TO TAKE:
1. Regarding HB 883, please contact your State legislators and tell them to OPPOSE eliminating the personal belief exemption to vaccines. Put OPPOSE HB 883 in the subject line of emails, letters and faxes and include your name and address. See general talking points below flu vaccine talking points.
2. Regarding SB 407, please contact your State legislators and tell them to OPPOSE promoting the flu vaccine for children and turning schools into vaccine clinics. Put OPPOSE HB 883 in the subject line of emails, letters and faxes and include your name and address. See talking points below.
Find your State Representatives and Senators here: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/
Talking Points – Why we oppose flu vaccines:
• The flu shot is the most compensated vaccine in the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP).
• According to the CDC, the 2014-15 flu shot was only approximately 19% effective.
• Multi-dose influenza vaccines contain thimerosal, a mercury derivative and known neurotoxin.
• The flu shot is no more effective at preventing the flu in children under two than a placebo. (another source)
• Studies suggest that annual flu shots interfere with healthy immune responses and make children more likely to get influenza. (Source and source)
• Flu shots are invasive medical procedures and can induce a range of symptoms including Guillain-Barre Syndrome and anaphylactic reactions.
• School administered flu shots could breach parental consent for vaccination.
• Students would not know if they are medically contraindicated for vaccines.
• There is a conflict of interest in vaccine policy making. The ACIP is known for ties to the pharmaceutical industry.
• Reliable evidence on influenza vaccines is thin and there is plenty of reason to suspect that there may be manipulation of conclusions when the studies are funded by drug companies.
1) You have DEEP concerns about HB 883/SB 407 and are strongly opposed to it.
2) Why this is personal to you: a vaccine reaction in someone you know, harassment, etc.
3) Your body and your children’s bodies do not belong to the state. You want to be free to choose how you nourish and keep yourselves healthy. This bill takes away the right to informed consent to vaccination for our children. I am pro-information and pro-civil rights.
4) The safety of vaccines is not absolute and no medical doctor would sign a statement that vaccine safety is absolute. The US Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” (http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/10pdf/09-152.pdf) and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The US government has paid out more than $3 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination. Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death and no one knows in advance who will be harmed by a vaccine.
5) Vaccines fail even in fully vaccinated people and no one knows who will not respond to a vaccine nor how quickly the vaccine’s protection will wane if it did provoke a response in the first place.
6) Vaccinated individuals can spread disease for several weeks after receiving a live virus vaccine.
7) Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. Vaccine makers have no incentive to make vaccines safe.
8) Most of the vaccines given today are for diseases that are either rare or mild. For example, there have been no deaths from measles during the last 10 years, but 108 deaths reported after the MMR vaccine during the same time period.
9) It is immoral to force a person to inject a pharmaceutical product into their body, or anything for that matter, even more so when that product could injure or kill them.
10) There are many other ways to stay healthy: a healthy diet, adequate rest, sunshine and exercise, etc. without any risk of vaccine injury.
11) If we mandate vaccines, will we also mandate other medical procedures, such as fetal ultrasound, mammograms and colonoscopy? Will we dictate medical procedures based on genetic testing? Will we have a medical police to determine whether someone can leave the house with a cough?
12) Children today receive 69 doses of vaccines for 16 different viral and bacterial illnesses which more than doubles the government childhood schedule of 34 doses of 11 different vaccines in the year 2000. A vaccine exemption is filed regardless of whether it is for one dose or all doses. Thirty-five doses and 5 more unique vaccines have been added to the schedule in the last 15 years. Those supporting forced vaccination are being dishonest by not acknowledging the exploding vaccine schedule while sounding alarms over small increases in overall non-medical exemptions.
13) There are hundreds of new vaccines in development including some of the following in clinical trials: HIV, herpes, E. coli, dengue fever, avian influenza, smallpox, tuberculosis, typhoid, norovirus, cholera, smoking cessation, syphilis, and gonorrhea. If vaccine manufactures and others who profit from forced vaccination convince legislators to take away our right to delay or decline a vaccine now, what will our future look like?
14) In the past 5 years, drug makers have paid the U.S. Government 19.2 billion in criminal and civil FRAUD penalties. Skepticism of the pharmaceutical industry is well deserved.
15) Physicians, in the American Medical Association Code of Ethics, affirm philosophical and religious exemptions for themselves. See Opinion 9.133 Routine Universal Immunization of Physicians. Parents should have that same right.
Leave a Reply