Good Health for All Seasons of Life
Nutrition Conference Coming to Montgomery, Alabama November 11-14th
Washington, DC – August 26, 2016 — The 17th annual Wise Traditions conference for nutrition education, hosted by the Weston A. Price Foundation, is headed south to Montgomery, Alabama, November 11-14.
“Nutrient-dense foods are needed during all phases of life–for children to ensure a healthy start, for adults to cope with the stresses of modern living, and for seniors to ensure that their golden years are truly golden,” says Sally Fallon Morell, president of the Foundation. “Wise Traditions 2016 will provide health seekers with the knowledge and tools they need to achieve robust health at any age.”
The conference will feature talks on everything from nutritional science to cooking, with tracks on fertility, pregnancy and children’s health; diets for athletes and men’s health; nutritional support for the elderly; weight loss and diabetes; treating autism and ADD/ADHD; holistic dentistry; cancer and the immune system; and pasture-based farming.
The conference will be held at the Renaissance Montgomery Hotel and Spa, 201 Tallapoosa Street in Montgomery. Over 1,000 people from around the world are expected to attend. The three-day conference includes five nutrient-dense meals. Day passes are available, and the exhibit halls and Friday evening movie are free to the public.
“The South is beginning to experience exciting times both for lovers of great food and for the farmers and ranchers who know how to raise it!” says Will Winter, DVM, who will speak at the conference on pasture-based farming. The conference will feature local foods and a Monday tour of local pasture-based farms.
Featured speakers include:
- Discouraged by the Biggest Loser and the specter that you might be stuck on the diet see-saw forever? Hear best-selling author Nina Teicholz discuss the best and latest science on weight loss and the role of exercise and diet – why calorie counting fails.
- Natasha Campbell-McBride, MD, PhD, author of Gut and Psychology Syndrome and creator of the GAPS diet, which helps sufferers of autism, ADHD, depression and schizophrenia.
- Ben Greenfield will help you avoid the trap of turning to engineered, packaged foods and supplements to get what your brain and body need for peak athletic performance. Learn which foods this bestselling author recommends for top physical and mental performance.
- Learn about restoring the family farm with Senator Frank Niceley of Tennessee. He will suggest legislative strategies for easing restrictions and rescinding the oppressive laws that hamper American family farms.
- Pam Schoenfeld, RD, will look at preventing malnutrition in the elderly. The very dietary guidelines that are purported to reduce chronic disease can actually harm the health and quality of life of seniors. Add multiple drugs to a poor diet, and you have a recipe for problems.
- Tired and achy all the time? Hear Leah McCullough describe her natural recovery from fibromyalgia.
Wise Traditions attracts health-conscious families, farmers, chefs, journalists and health professionals from around the world. Attendees are able to participate in thought-provoking seminars, meals which exemplify what is being taught and exhibits showcasing local and traditional foods. An outstanding children’s program is available.
For a complete schedule of events and registration information, please visit: wisetraditions.org. To register, call 540-722-7104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Weston A. Price Foundation is a Washington, DC-based nutrition education 501(c)(3) with the mission of disseminating science-based information on diet and health. WAPF publishes a quarterly journal for its 16,000 members, supports 600 local chapters worldwide and hosts a yearly international conference. Contact at (202) 363-4394, westonaprice.org, email@example.com.
At a Glance
Event: 17th Annual Wise Traditions International Conference
Date: November 11-14, 2016
Location: Renaissance Montgomery Hotel and Spa 201 Tallapoosa Street, Montgomery, AL 36104.
Event Website: WiseTraditions.org
Register: Call 540-722-7104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 17th Annual Wise Traditions Conference, sponsored by the Weston A. Price Foundation, will be held November 11-14, 2016 at the Renaissance Montgomery Hotel and Spa, 201 Tallapoosa Street, Montgomery, Alabama 36104. This health and wellness conference teaches holistic, natural approaches to resolving chronic health challenges. Notable nutrition and alternative health experts, organic farmers give practical solutions for a greener, healthier lifestyle. Call 540-722-7104 or register online: WiseTraditions.org.
Public Service Announcement
Word Count: 78
Reading Time: 30 seconds
Confused about what foods to eat? The International Wise Traditions Conference is coming to Montgomery, Alabama, November 11-14th. Join health seekers from around the world to learn the latest and best nutrition and wellness strategies plus visit an amazing exhibit hall of holistic remedies, organic foods and more. The conference is open to the public with a free movie on Friday night and CEU credits for nurses and acupuncturists. Call 540-722-7104 to register, learn more online at WiseTraditions.org.
703-860-2711, cell 703-675-5557