This is a most versatile dish. It can serve as a substitute for grits. It can be seasoned as a savory dish or sweetened as a breakfast food.
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 cups almond flour (made with soaked and dried almonds, ground into flour)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Bring water to a slow boil and add almond flour and salt.
- Continue to simmer until mixture starts to thicken.
- Once at desired thickness, remove from heat, add butter and stir.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese while hot.