A probiotic boost, delicious and delicate, salty and sour fresh spring asparagus! Now it’s a prime time for it! Not only does fermented asparagus taste amazing, it is loaded with beneficial bacteria for our microbiome.
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Prepare asparagus – cut the ends. Using potato peeler, peel the tougher lower part of the skin.
- Leave it whole or cut into 1-inch pieces. (I like it cut; it’s easier to eat.)
- Place all in 1/2 gallon glass jar. Add water and salt.
- Close with lid and shake until salt dissolves.
- Add glass weight. Replace the lid with fermentation lid.
- Let ferment at room temperature about 4-7 days.
- I prefer mild sourness, so 4-5 days is usually enough.
- Keep it in the fridge. Use a few bites with every meal.
fermentation jars and weights on amazon
I want to marry this woman!