Representative Chip Roy (R-TX) and Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) have introduced the “No Taxation Without Congressional Consent Act” that would prohibit a fine, fee or tax for a violation of COVID-19 vaccine mandates by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
H.R. 5464/ S. 2843 would prevent OSHA or other federal agencies from imposing any sort of financial penalty on businesses or individuals that choose not to comply with a COVID vaccine mandate.
This act comes on the heals of President Biden’s announcement on Sept. 9th that OSHA would issue a regulation requiring employers with over 100 employees to coerce their workers into getting a COVID vaccine (by requiring unvaccinated employees to be tested every week at their own expense) or face fines of up to $14,000 per violation.
Worse yet, the $3.5 trillion budget reconciliation bill has a provision that would increase OSHA fines. Businesses that fail to comply with President Biden’s vaccine mandate could face a devastating penalty of up to $700,000.
No exceptions would be made for persons who have already had COVID and therefore have natural immunity.
Talking points, which explain more about the problems with mandates and the vaccines, are below the Take Action section.
Contact your U.S. Senators and Representative and encourage them to SUPPORT H.R. 5464/ S. 2843.
You can find who represents you at: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/map
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Senator (or Representative) ______ to restore people’s right to choose whether to get the high-risk COVID vaccines in order to keep working, and also protect businesses from having to choose between mandating vaccinations or being fined.
We should not be forcing employers to fire their valuable workers, especially during times of worker shortages.
COVID vaccines are causing numerous serious side effects, and it is unethical to require anyone to get a vaccine that may injure or kill them in order to keep their job. To date, over 593,000 adverse reactions and over 7,400 deaths have been reported in connection with the COVID vaccines. These vaccines have reportedly caused more injury and death than all other vaccines combined.
Vaccines are a medical decision that should be left up to the individual, not mandated. Vaccine mandates are contrary to the concept of informed consent for medical procedures.
I urge _______ to support H.R. 5464/ S. 2843 to allow people to continue making a living without sacrificing their right to choose what medical procedures to undergo.”
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you. You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Share why this is personal to you. Are you an employee or an employer that would be adversely affected by President Biden’s vaccine mandates? Are you worried about the side effects of COVID injections? Are you simply against government mandates that affect your bodily autonomy?
- One of the most basic human rights is that of bodily autonomy, as recognized by the Nuremburg Code. Ethical medicine requires prior, completely voluntary and fully informed consent.
- Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm. Each of us may respond differently as we have different medical histories, genes, epigenetics, and microbiomes.
- COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers and providers are shielded from liability through the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act, or PREP Act. The only option for compensating people injured by COVID-19 vaccines is the Countermeasures Injury Compensation program (CICP). Only eight percent of all petitioners since 2010 have been awarded compensation through the CICP. No legal or medial expert fees are covered, no pain and suffering is awarded, lost wages are capped at $50,000, and there is no judicial appeal. In other words, the victims will be severely undercompensated while the pharmaceutical companies get rich.
- COVID-19 vaccines carry the risk of injury and death for some so there has to be informed consent and the right to refuse the vaccine without penalty. As of October 10th, there had already been 593,728 COVID-19 vaccine adverse events and 7,437 COVID-19 vaccine deaths in the U.S. reported to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System. https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html
Read Rep. Roy’s press release here: https://roy.house.gov/media/press-releases/rep-roy-sen-lee-team-protect-individuals-businesses-tyrannical-vaccine-mandate
Read the text, status and history of H.R. 5464 here: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/5464/committees?r=12&s=1🖨️ Print post