This recipe was published the Wise Traditions journal article “Essential Recipes for the Wise Family” that includes a number of other recipes we recommend you explore!
- 6 cups sprouted grain flour (spelt, soft wheat or any other sprouted grains you like)
- ¼ to 1 cup sucanat, Rapadura or muscovado sugar (for sweeter confections, substitute honey or maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons aluminum-free baking powder (store bought or homemade – see note below)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ⅓ cup soft fat (such as lard, butter or coconut oil)
- Mix ingredients in a food processor or by hand in a large bowl. Store in the refrigerator in a closed container.
- Note: Make your own baking powder by combining two parts each cream of tartar and arrowroot powder and one part baking soda (skip the arrowroot if you are on the GAPS diet) and storing in an airtight container.