This is an easy pumpkin bisque made with fresh pumpkin that is very fast to make. Thick, creamy and full of flavor: sweetness from pumpkin, savoriness, garlic and onion.
Use Kuri pumpkin (no need to peel), Kabocha pumpkin, sugar pumpkin or butternut squash.
About 2 lb pumpkin
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons coconut oil
4 cups of chicken broth or water
2 cups presoaked cashews [Instructions may be found in this article that you need to scroll down to see.]
Salt and pepper
- Sauté roughly chopped onion and garlic gently in coconut oil, until edges are getting slightly brown.
- Use for sautéing same pot where you going to make a bisque-enameled cast iron, etc.
- Add broth or water and roughly cubed pumpkin.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until pumpkin is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add cashews, salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat.
- Blend it smooth, using immersion blender.
- Pumpkin soup will keep in the fridge for 4 to 5 days, or can be frozen for 3 months.
Different flavor suggestions: turmeric, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, red curry paste, curry powder, red pepper flakes, Garam Masala, cumin, sage, rosemary, thyme, coriander seeds, smoked paprika, etc.