Last week we sent you an action alert regarding a bad vaccine bill. Unfortunately, the D.C. Council approved B23-0171 with a vote of 12 to 1.
This is NOT the end! The Council has scheduled the second vote on the bill for November 10th, so we have two weeks to work to change their minds. We have defeated bills like this across the country.
In addition to working to shift the Council members, we need to start contacting the Mayor to veto B23-0171.
B23-0171 would allow children to consent to vaccines without any notification to their parents. It also requires insurance companies, vaccine providers and schools to conceal the fact that the child has been vaccinated from the parent. This is EXTREMELY dangerous; since the parents may not know to get the child medical help if a vaccine reaction occurs.
B23-0171 allows minors to consent if the person administering the vaccine believes that they are “able to comprehend the need for, the nature of, and any significant risks ordinarily inherent in the medical care.” Given that most medical practitioners believe that there are NO risks to vaccines – contrary to the real facts – they presumably will consider every minor capable of informed consent. Yet many children may not know their personal and family medical history that could impact their risk of having a serious reaction to a vaccine.
We have numerous reports of parents who decided to vaccinate because they felt coerced by medical practitioners or schools, despite their concerns about the risks. When many adults can’t stand up to this pressure, it’s unfair and dangerous to allow children to be placed in the role of decision maker.
Medical practitioners, schools, and others should not be allowed to coerce impressionable minor children behind their parents’ backs into a medical procedure that is capable of causing injury or death.
TAKE ACTION if you live in DC:
- Contact your Council member and once again, ask them to VOTE “NO” on B23-0171. While there is a sample script below to help you organize your thoughts, it is vital that you not simply read it or send a form letter.
Introduce yourself, and mention where you live (so they know you’re a constituent). Then share why this issue matters to YOU. Has your child or a family member had a reaction to a vaccine? Have you been pressured by medical providers or other people in authority? Keep it short, but help them to understand why this issue is important.
- If you have time, contact all of the council members: https://dccouncil.us/committees/committee-of-the-whole/
(See list at the bottom of this action alert for easy access)
- Contact Mayor Bowser and ask her to VETO B23-0171 if it comes to her for consideration. https://mayor.dc.gov/page/invite-mayor
TAKE ACTION if you live in Virginia or Maryland
Spread the word! Share this alert with people you know in the region, so that more DC residents know about this dangerous bill.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask ____ to OPPOSE B23-0171.
I oppose any legislation that would allow minors to consent to vaccines without parental consent.
As recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court, vaccines are pharmaceutical products that carry risk of injury or death. It is irresponsible to allow children to make medical decisions that may injure or kill them without the knowledge of their parents.
Unlike other procedures that are allowed without parental consent, such as contraception or mental health services, vaccines are not typically something a minor seeks out – but rather something that medical practitioners and school seek to push onto them. The risk of pressuring a child into a medical procedure that they don’t actually want is all too real with vaccinations.
The U.S. Federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program has awarded over 4.4 billion dollars to vaccine victims.
Minor children may not be aware of family medical histories, and even their own young childhood history of vaccine reactions, which would be relevant to deciding if a particular vaccine’s risks outweigh the benefits.
I urge Committee Member/Mayor_______ to oppose this bill.
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you. You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- A child may not know their personal or family medical history, including vaccine reactions, allergies and autoimmune or neurological disorders, all of which contribute to the chances that they may have a serious reaction to a vaccine.
- Children do not have the same kind of critical thinking skills or emotional maturity to make a vaccine benefit-risk decision as adults have. Additionally, children and adolescents are vulnerable to authority-figure persuasion.
- If a child consents to vaccination without their parent knowing and has a reaction, the parent may not recognize the reason for their child’s decline in health and this lack of knowledge could be life threatening for the child.
- Share a personal story, if you have relevant experience. Do you have a vaccine-injured child, and you weren’t told about the risks before vaccinating or were pressured into vaccinating despite your concerns about the risks? Do you have family members with medical conditions that would be relevant to assessing the risks, and your child doesn’t know the details?
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufactures reap all the profits from vaccines, without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm.
- The U.S. Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The US Government has paid out more that $4.4 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to VAERS. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/
- By consenting to a vaccine, a child is also consenting a shortened statute of limitations for any claim of injury under the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program – presumably with little or no understanding of what that means. It is also much less likely vaccine reactions will be recognized and connected to the vaccine by a child on their own and filed with the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.
View text, status and history of the bill here: http://lims.dccouncil.us/Legislation/B23-0171
Read this article: https://thevaccinereaction.org
D.C. COUNCIL CONTACT INFO:
Allen, Charles Ward 6
Bonds, Anita At Large
Cheh, Mary Ward 3
Gray, Vincent Ward 7
Grosso, David At Large
McDuffie, Kenyan R. Ward 5
Mendelson, Phil Chairman
Nadeau, Brianne K. Ward 1
Pinto, Brooke Ward 2
Robert C. White, Jr., At Large
Silverman, Elissa At Large
Todd, Brandon Ward 4
Trayon White, Sr., Ward 8🖨️ Print post