Despite grassroots opposition, the Colorado legislature has passed a bill that would allow children to consent to vaccines without any notification to their parents. It’s now on the Governor’s desk, awaiting his signature or veto.
S.B. 21-016 covers a wide range of issues, such as insurance and reimbursement for various medical procedures. Buried in the middle is a provision that allows minors to receive testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases, by adding “preventative measures,” i.e. vaccines. S.B. 21-016 would grant state health care providers permission to vaccinate children for sexually transmitted diseases without parental consent!
Vaccines currently recommended for sexually transmitted diseases are Hepatitis B and Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccines. This bill would also allow minors to be vaccinated with any other vaccines that may be approved for sexually transmitted diseases in the future.
Medical practitioners should never be permitted to coerce impressionable minor children into a medical procedure that is capable of causing injury or death behind their parent’s backs.
The chances of the Governor vetoing the whole bill because of the vaccine portion are admittedly slim. But we have to try. Please call Governor Jared Polis today and urge him to VETO SB 21-016!
Contact Governor Jared Polis and ask him to VETO S.B. 21-016. You can contact his office by calling (303) 866-2885.
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I live in _____ [town]. I am calling to ask Governor Polis ____ to VETO S.B. 21-016 because it contains Section 2, which allows minors to consent to vaccines for sexually transmitted diseases without parental notification.
As recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court, vaccines are pharmaceutical products that carry risk of injury or death. It is irresponsible to allow children to make medical decisions that may injure or kill them without the knowledge of their parents.
The U.S. Federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program has awarded over 4.4 billion dollars to vaccine victims. And the true numbers of injuries are undoubtedly much higher, since it is estimated that two out of three plaintiffs are turned away and the FDA says less than 1 percent of all vaccine injuries are ever reported in the first place.
Minor children may not be aware of family medical histories, and even their own young childhood history of vaccine reactions, which would be relevant to deciding if a particular vaccine’s risks outweigh the benefits.
I urge Governor Polis _______ to veto this bill and protect our children.
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you. You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Share a personal story, if you have relevant experience. Do you have a vaccine-injured child, and you weren’t told about the risks before vaccinating or were pressured into vaccinating despite your concerns about the risks? Do you have family members with medical conditions that would be relevant to assessing the risks, and your child doesn’t know the details?
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufactures reap all the profits from vaccines, without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm.
- Vaccines are pharmaceutical products that carry a risk of injury or death. Minor children may not be aware of family and their own personal history of vaccine reactions or personal contraindications to relay to the vaccine administrator.
- The U.S. Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The US Government has paid out more that $4.4 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to VAERS. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/
- By consenting to a vaccine, a child is also consenting a shortened statute of limitations for any claim of injury under the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program – presumably with little or no understanding of what that means. It is also much less likely vaccine reactions will be recognized and connected to the vaccine by a child on their own and filed with the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.
- HPV vaccines have a high incidence of adverse reactions. Many children have died or become severely injured after receiving HPV vaccines. Authorizing minors to consent to HPV vaccines is dangerous and irresponsible.
- There have been more than 66,544 adverse reactions, including 587 deaths, reported to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) related to the HPV vaccine – and it is estimated by the government that only 1-10% of all reactions are ever reported! https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/index.php
- A study out of Canada shows just how dangerous HPV vaccines are. The study looked at 195,270 girls who received HPV vaccination. Of the vaccinated girls, there were 958 hospitalizations and 19,351 ED (emergency room visits).
That means 10% of HVP vaccine recipients studied had a reaction that required a visit to the ER or hospitalization. http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/news-views/hpv-vaccines-why-oh-why-are-they-on-the-market-at-all/
- The CDC reports: “Most people with HPV never develop symptoms or health problems. Most HPV infections (90%) go away by themselves within two years.” https://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm
- Hepatitis B vaccines are linked to serious autoimmune disorders, autism, Bell’s palsy, multiple sclerosis, anaphylactic shock and death. Using the MedAlerts search engine, as of March 11, 2021, there have been 93,131 reports of hepatitis b containing vaccine reactions made to the federal Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS), including 2,227 related deaths. https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/index.php
- The U.S. and Western Europe have always had among the lowest rates of Hepatitis B disease in the world (0.1% to 0.5% of the general population.)
View text, status and history of the bill here: https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb21-016
For more information on HPV vaccines read this article:🖨️ Print post