The Missouri state legislature is considering a draconian bill that threatens your religious rights.
H.B. 1225 would eliminate religious belief exemption to vaccination for all students in any elementary or secondary school.
This would leave medical exemptions as the only way out – but medical exemptions are notoriously difficult to obtain. In many states, we’ve seen doctors who do provide medical exemptions come under attack by medical authorities, leaving families with no real options for opting out of vaccine mandates.
We cannot let them take away our religious rights in Missouri. Please help us protect the right to choose by contacting your Missouri state legislators today!
Talking points, which explain more about the problems with H.B.1225, are below the Take Action section.
Contact your Missouri State Legislators and ask them to OPPOSE H.B. 1225. You can look up who represents you at: https://www.house.mo.gov (see the search boxes in the lower left-hand corner of the page)
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Representative ____ to OPPOSE H.B. 1225, which would eliminate religious belief exemptions to vaccination.
Religious freedom is a fundamental right, and the government should not force people to inject pharmaceutical products into their bodies over their sincerely held religious beliefs.
Some people object to vaccines because they are made with aborted fetal tissue. Others have sincerely held religious objections to vaccinating children for sexually transmitted diseases, or other beliefs that would be violated by one or more mandatory vaccinations.
There is no need to eliminate religious exemptions to vaccination. The Missouri vaccination rate is currently over 95 %. The current law is working.
I urge Representative _____ to oppose H.B. 1225.”
- Share why this is personal to you, whether it is because you have a religious belief that conflicts with vaccination or you support religious freedom generally, or whatever your reasons are.
- The Missouri vaccination rate is currently over 95% for the 7 vaccines surveyed by the CDC. The existing religious exemption has not decreased rates and must be left intact. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6640a3.htm
- Many vaccines are made using aborted fetal tissue. This article shows one of the world’s leading authorities on vaccination describing the use of 3-month-old aborted fetuses in vaccine research. https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/worlds-leading-authority-on-vaccines-details-the-use-of-aborted-babies-in-vaccines-while-under-oath/
- The claimed justification – that unvaccinated individuals pose a health risk to others — is unsupported in the medical literature. In fact, vaccinated individuals can pose greater risk to public health due to a process known as shedding. Scientific evidence demonstrates that individuals vaccinated with live virus vaccines such as MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), rotavirus, chicken pox, shingles and influenza can shed the virus for many weeks or months afterwards and infect the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike. https://www.westonaprice.org/studies-show-that-vaccinated-individuals-spread-disease/
- The US Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The US Government has paid out approximately $4 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to VAERS. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. Vaccine makers have no incentive to make vaccines safe.
- Physicians, in the American Medical Association Code of Ethics, affirm philosophical and religious exemptions for themselves. Parents should have that same right. https://www.ama-assn.org/sites/ama-assn.org/files/corp/media-browser/code-of-medical-ethics-chapter-8.pdf
View H.B. 1225 here: https://house.mo.gov/BillContent.aspx?bill=HB1225&year=2019&code=R&style=new
If you want to learn more about other vaccine bills being considered in Missouri visit: The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) https://nvicadvocacy.org/members/Home.aspx🖨️ Print post