Need a new change to your traditional salsa? This is a great recipe to add as an appetizer or meeting snack as well as a quick healthy after-school snack for kids. Quick and easy to prepare with the perfect mixture of fresh ingredients typically readily available, with color and zest.
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup fresh cut corn
- 1 cup soaked and cooked black beans, or canned black beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. chile pepper
- ¼ tsp. unrefined sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Cover.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with cut up veggies or organic tortilla chips and enjoy! Look for recommended brands of organic tortilla chips in the WAPF Shopping Guide.