Need a new change to your traditional salsa? This is a great recipe to add as an appetizer or meeting snack as well as a quick healthy after-school snack for kids. Quick and easy to prepare with the perfect mixture of fresh ingredients typically readily available, with color and zest.
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup fresh cut corn
- 1 cup soaked and cooked black beans, or canned black beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. chile pepper
- ¼ tsp. unrefined sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Cover.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with cut up veggies or organic tortilla chips and enjoy! Look for recommended brands of organic tortilla chips in the WAPF Shopping Guide.
Jane Longest says
Is the corn safe to eat because of being in the lime? I was reading that corn should always be soaked before eating to release the nutrients.
Maureen Diaz says
The calcium in the lime (not the fruit) “nixamates” the corn, releasing nutrients while neutralizing anti-nutrients.