Farm Food Voices DC 2011 Updates
With passage of the recent food “safety” bill, it is more important than ever that we be a presence of food freedom and sanity in Congress.
PLEASE MAKE APPOINTMENTS!
Please call your legislators today for appointments on March 16.
We will provide Talking Points.
– Meetings with legislators
– Lobby training conference call
– Please donate
Face to face meetings are a powerful way to connect with your legislators. Please call today and make appointments with your legislators to meet on March 16.
– Check our website http://www.nicfa.com/ or event blogsite for existing appointments for your state: http://www.farmfoodvoicesdc.com/
– If none are posted, call your legislators’ offices, ask for the aide who handles agricultural issues, request a meeting for March 16 (before or after the reception if possible) and also invite them to the reception. (Scroll down for sample invitation).
– Please email our coordinator Jack Moore (email@example.com) with your meeting information to post on the website and blogsite.
2. Lobby training conference call Thursday, March 10 with professional lobbyist Howard Bedlin, to guide you through your meetings with legislators.
3. Please donate. Events like this have costs. Please donate whatever you can today through PayPal or mail a check or money order to:
P.O. Box 239
Bowie, MD 20719
We are most grateful for any help you can give.
Dear (name of scheduling aide),
A group of constituents from [your state] would like to meet with Senator/Representative [name] on March 16, 2011 to discuss food and agriculture issues. We anticipate several constituents to attend. This meeting will be in conjunction with Farm Food Voices DC, the National Small Farm and Ranch Grassroots Lobby Day and Legislative Reception hosted by the National Independent Consumers and Farmers Association. We also would like to invite Senator/Representative [name] to attend the local foods reception in The Kennedy Caucus room in the Senate Russell Building from 12:00-2:00. If the Senator/Rep cannot attend, we request that Senator/Representative [name]’s aide attend.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
If you are not familiar with Farm Food Voices, visit our FFVDC event site, http://www.farmfoodvoicesdc.com/
To volunteer to help with the event please contact
Liz Reitzig, NICFA Secretary
Stay tuned for coming updates.
Thank you again and see you March 16!
Yours for real food freedom,
Our purpose is to promote and preserve unregulated direct farmer-to-consumer trade
that fosters availability of locally grown or home-produced food products.
NICFA opposes any government funded or managed National Animal Identification System.