What’s Happened to the U.S. Food Supply?: Problems and Solutions
Our Fifth Annual Conference!
Friday, October 1
Saturday, October 2
Sunday, October 3
Sheraton National Hotel, Arlington, VA
Order 2004 audio and video recordings from Creative Seminars
- Jerry Brunetti, BS, soil expert, on industrialization and physical degeneration
- Jeffrey Smith, MBA, author of Seeds of Deception, on the health dangers of GMO foods
- Russell Blaylock, MD, author of Excitotoxins, on neuro-toxins in the food supply
- David Getoff, ND, on the dangers of the microwave oven and irradiated foods
- Charles Eisenstein, BA, author of The Yoga of Eating, on the magic of lacto-fermentation
- Kaayla Daniel, PhD, author of The Whole Soy Story (Spring 2004), on soy food dangers
- Katie Singer, BA, CFE, author of The Garden of Fertility (Spring 2004), on Fertility Awareness, a natural method for birth control, enhancing your chances of conceiving, and gauging gynecological health.
- Arthur Evangalista, former FDA official, on government and regulatory malfeasance
- Donna Gates, MEd, author of The Body Ecology Diet, on treating autism using Body Ecology principles
- Jack Samuels, MSHA, of truth-in-labeling.org, on the dangers of MSG and aspartame
- Jordan Rubin, NMD, CNC, author of The Maker’s Diet, on soil-based organisms for digestive health
- Tom Cowan, MD author of The Fourfold Path to Healing (Summer 2004), on healing at many levels
- Paul Rosch, MD, president of the American Institute of Stress, on bioelectric medicine
- Mary Enig, PhD, author of Know Your Fats, on coconut oil for weight loss
- Ken Morehead, DOM, on food in Oriental medicine
- Ron Schmid, ND, author of The Untold Story of Milk, on the health benefits and safety of raw milk
- Sally Fallon, MA, author of Nourishing Traditions, on healthy meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Linda Joyce Forristal, CCP, on revisiting the Loetschenthal Valley in the footsteps of Weston A. Price
- Carol Esche, RN, ND, MA, CNA, on health strategies in the hospital setting
- Bruce Rind, MD, on metabolism, the adrenal/thyroid connection
World-Renowned Experts on Diet and Health Explain the Dangers of Industrialized Foods and How to Avoid Them!
A Showcase for Delicious Traditional Food
A Unique Opportunity for Health Professionals and Laymen interested in Diet and Health
Who Should Attend Wise Traditions?
Doctors, nurses, nutritionists, dietitians, parents, students, food writers, food providers, farmers, public servants, teachers, patients, activists, agriculture professionals, people interested in nutrition, people with no interest in nutrition, people who love to cook, people who hate to cook, people who like to eat, Baby
Boomers concerned about their health, grandparents concerned about their grandchildren, couples who want healthy babies, people who want answers, people who love controversy. . . and You!
Work Scholarships – Childcare – Room Share – Ride Share
Contact Janna Weil (717) 291-5741 or jgweil (at) earthlink.net
All-Day Pre-Conference Seminar on Traditional Diets
Friday October 1
by Sally Fallon, MA, author of Nourishing Traditions and president of the Weston A. Price Foundation
Topics Include: The pioneering work of Dr. Weston A. Price; the vital importance of fat-soluble vitamins in human diets; primer on fats and oils; why butter is better; importance of pasture-feeding; dangers of trans fatty acids; problems with modern soy foods; proper preparation of grains and legumes; the magic of bone broths; principles of lacto-fermentation.
Awards Banquet and Sit-down Dinner
by Chef John Umlauf and Chef Bank Szerenyi, CMC
Saturday, October 2
6:00 PM – 10:00 Main Ballroom
Awards Presentations, and Keynote Address by Charles Eisenstein, BA, author of The Yoga of Eating:
“Opening to Life: Autoimmune Dysfunction and the Spirituality of Fermentation”
Meet Your Congressman
Monday, October 4
Bill Sanda, Director of Public Affairs, will assist you in setting up meetings with the staff of your Senators and Representative and coach you on presenting our key issues on diet and health.