Continuing Education Units for Health Professionals (CEUs)
Listed below is information for those interested in attending the conference for professional education credit.
CONTINUING ED CREDIT ($65 fee)
For nurses and acupuncturists you must sign in daily, nurses attend certain lectures, and submit an evaluation to receive credit.
• Nursing: Approved by the Maryland Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC), all states accept this. Please note only certain lectures are approved for credit. See below for a list. 15.3 credit hours.
• Acupuncture: Approved by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM): 23.5 PDA points for full conference (PDA points are accepted by all states except California.
• Acupuncture in California – we have been approved by the California Acupuncture Board for 15.3 CE hours.
CERTIFICATION OF ATTENDANCE ($5 fee)
For RDs and nutritionists, a Certificate of Attendance will suffice. You do not have to sign in or submit an evaluation. You simply receive the certificate which you submit to your board or school.
RDs now only need to get the $5 Certificate of Attendance.
According to the Commission on Dietetic Registration, you will not need to sign in each day. You will need to keep track of talks attended and of the appropriate Learning Need Codes. You will submit this information yourself. We will simply provide a certificate of attendance that indicates the event and possible hours.
You only need the $5 Certificate of Attendance. Accepted by: National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) for Category II CEUs, CHEK Institute, Nutritional Therapy Association (NTA) and American College of Nutrition. (15 credit hours for full registration.) Check with your professional board if it is not listed here.
If your profession is not listed, please check with your professional board to see if they will accept the Certificate of Attendance.
Please contact Kathy Kramer, Director of Continuing Education, for the Weston A. Price Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
The fees for CEUs is $25 per day (5 credits each day) or $65 for all three days (15 credits). Many conferences do not charge extra because the fees are built into the registration fees. In an effort to keep our registration fees low, we only charge the individuals using this service.
List of Lectures for Nurses (all talks are approved for LAc)
FRIDAY: Pick from the following tracks:
• Seminar on Traditional Diets, Sally Fallon Morell
• Nutrition and Behavior, Julia Ross
SATURDAY includes the talks of the Plenary Session:
• Nutrition and Behavior, Chris Masterjohn
• The Energetic Basis of Alzheimer’s Disease, Steven Fowkes
• The Gut, Brain and Skin Connection, Chris Kresser
• Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s Disease
SUNDAY includes the Nutrition Track:
• Discovery of Zinc as an Essential Element for Humans, Ananda S. Prasad
• Taurine, Stephanie Seneff
• The Importance of Magnesium in an Overly Calcified World, Carolyn Dean
• Nutritional Adjuncts of the Fat-Soluble Vitamins