Two new bills would allow children to obtain vaccines without parental knowledge or consent.
HB 66 allows children 14 and older to consent to vaccination without parental knowledge or consent.
SB 135 and its companion bill HB 87 allow children 16 and older to consent to vaccination without parental knowledge or consent.
Both bills are identical except for the age of the minor. If either of these bills passes, health care providers will be allowed to provide vaccines to children as long as the provider deems the child “mature” and “capable of giving informed consent.” Even if the parent finds out and says “no,” the child can still receive vaccines.
Given the prevailing – incorrect – belief among health care professionals that vaccines pose no risk, they often use coercive tactics to push people into vaccinating. It is improper for a minor to be subject to this pressure to agree to a medical procedure that is capable of causing injury or death.
Please help us stop HB 66 and SB 135/HB 87 in their tracks today!
Contact your Maryland State Senator and Delegate and ask them to OPPOSE HB 66 and SB 135/HB 87.
You can find out who represents you at: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Members/District
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Senator (or Delegate)_____ to oppose HB 66 and SB 135/HB 87.
I oppose any legislation that would allow minors to consent to vaccines without parental consent.
As recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court, vaccines are pharmaceutical products that carry risk of injury or death. It is irresponsible to allow children to make medical decisions that may injure or kill them without the knowledge of their parents.
The U.S. Federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program has awarded over 4 billion dollars to vaccine victims. And the true numbers of injuries are undoubtedly much higher, since it is estimated that two out of three plaintiffs are turned away, and a government study found that less than 1 percent of all vaccine injuries are ever reported in the first place.
Minor children may not be aware of family medical histories, or even their own young childhood history of vaccine reactions, which would be relevant to deciding if a particular vaccine’s risks outweigh the benefits.
I urge Senator (or Delegate)_______ to oppose this (or these) bill(s).
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you. You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Share a personal story, if you have relevant experience. Do you have a vaccine-injured child, and you weren’t told about the risks before vaccinating or were pressured into vaccinating despite your concerns about the risks? Do you have family members with medical conditions that would be relevant to assessing the risks, and your child doesn’t know the details?
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufactures reap all the profits from vaccines, without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm.
- Vaccines are pharmaceutical products that carry a risk of injury or death. Minor children may not be aware of family and their own personal history of vaccine reactions or personal contraindications to relay to the vaccine administrator.
- The U.S. Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The US Government has paid out more that $4 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to VAERS. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/
- By consenting to a vaccine, a child is also consenting a shortened statute of limitations for any claim of injury under the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program – presumably with little or no understanding of what that means. It is also much less likely vaccine reactions will be recognized and connected to the vaccine by a child on their own and filed with the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.
- The CDC’s recommended childhood vaccine schedule includes 69 doses of 16 different vaccines. These vaccines contain toxic ingredients including mercury, aluminum, foreign DNA and proteins, MSG, Polysorbate 80, squalene oil and formaldehyde.
View text, status and history of SB 135/HB 87 here: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/SB0135?ys=2020RS
View text, status and history of HB 66 here: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/HB0066