Taking Our Health to New Heights
Minneapolis, Minnesota November 10 – 13, 2017
Washington, DC – October 1, 2017 – Hormone Health, Adrenal Fatigue, Children’s Health, Weight Loss and Diabetes are among the topics featured at the upcoming 18th annual International Wise Traditions nutrition education conference.
Hosted by the Weston A. Price Foundation, Wise Traditions 2017 is bringing health and wellness information to the Twin Cities.
“The conference will focus on nutrient-dense food and holistic therapies for chronic disease,” says Sally Fallon Morell, president of the Foundation. “Whether you are a newcomer to the idea of holistic therapies, or an experienced practitioner, there is something for everyone at the Wise Traditions conference.”
The conference will feature everything from sessions on cutting edge nutritional science to cooking classes, with tracks on stress and adrenal fatigue; optimizing thyroid health; fertility and children’s health; diabetes, diet and exercise; nutritional support for the mind and eyes; weight loss and diabetes; and grass-based regenerative farming.
The conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, at 1300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN. Health conscious people from around the world are expected to attend. The four-day conference includes traditionally prepared nutrient-dense meals. Daily, weekend and full conference options are available. For newcomers, the conference will provide a one-day seminar plus lunch on Saturday with Sally Fallon Morell, speaking on the principles of nourishing traditional diets.
“Wise Traditions is creating exciting times both for lovers of great food and for the farmers and ranchers who know how to raise it!” says Will Winter, DVM, who will speak at the conference on pasture-based farming. The conference will feature local foods and a Monday tour of local pasture-based farms.
Featured speakers include:
- Sally Fallon Morell, author of the Nourishing Traditions series will give a one-day presentation on Traditional Diets and the research of nutrition pioneer, Dr. Weston A. Price. Dr. Price discovered the power of nutrition in human growth and development and disease prevention.
- Natasha Campbell-McBride, MD, PhD, author of Gut and Psychology Syndrome and creator of the GAPS diet, which helps sufferers of autism, ADHD, depression and schizophrenia. She presents talks on gut health and vegetarianism and veganism.
- Ronda Nelson, PhD, MH, CNC, expert on thyroid health.
- Amy Berger, MS, CNS, NTP, author of a new book on protecting against Alzheimers with good nutrition will speak about the benefits of a low- carbohydrate, nutrient dense diet to nourish brain health.
- Tom Cowan, MD, author of The Fourfold Path to Healing will lecture on The Role of Water in Cell Biology and take part in an Ask the Practitioner panel.
- Chris Masterjohn, PhD, expert on fat-soluble vitamins and nutritional testing.
- Sylvia Burgos Toftness will cover the hows and whys of making bone broth and baking sourdough breads.
Wise Traditions attracts health-conscious families, farmers, chefs, journalists and health professionals from around the world. Attendees are able to participate in thought-provoking seminars, meals that exemplify what is being taught and exhibits showcasing local and traditional foods. An outstanding children’s program is available.
For a complete schedule of events and registration information, please visit: wisetraditions.org. To register, call 540-722-7104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Weston A. Price Foundation is a Washington, DC-based nutrition education 501(c)(3) with the mission of disseminating science-based information on diet and health. WAPF publishes a quarterly journal for its 16,000 members, supports 600 local chapters worldwide and hosts a yearly international conference. Contact at (202) 363-4394, westonaprice.org, email@example.com.
At a Glance
Event: 18th Annual Wise Traditions International Conference
Date: November 10-13, 2016
Location: Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, at 1300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN.
Event Website: WiseTraditions.org
Register: Call 540-722-7104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 18th Annual Wise Traditions Conference, sponsored by the Weston A. Price Foundation, will be held November 10-13, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, at 1300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN. This health and wellness conference teaches holistic, natural approaches to resolving chronic health challenges. Notable nutrition and alternative health experts, organic farmers give practical solutions for a greener, healthier lifestyle. Call 540-722-7104 or register online: WiseTraditions.org.
Public Service Announcement
Word Count: 78
Reading Time: 30 seconds
Confused about what foods to eat? The International Wise Traditions Conference is coming to Minneapolis, MN November 10-13th. Join health seekers from around the world to learn the latest and best nutrition and wellness strategies plus visit an amazing exhibit hall of holistic remedies, organic foods and more. The conference is open to the public and offers CEU credits for nurses and acupuncturists. Call 540-722-7104 to register, learn more online at WiseTraditions.org.
703-860-2711, cell 703-675-5557
Jim Roberts says
Looking for location and dates for the WAPF National 2022 Conference.
Tim Boyd says
Sorry Jim, we don’t know yet. We hope to have that decided by next month.