An easy way to eat all your organs without even knowing it (hint hint – parents with picky eaters). Delicious with pan-fried potatoes, soaked brown rice, whole grain pasta, or on toast with eggs.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1/4 cup lard, ghee or butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 lb pasture-raised liver, heart and/or kidney, ground or finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup medley of berries, fresh or frozen
- unrefined sea salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together onion, garlic, thyme, organs, ground beef, berries, salt and pepper.
- Heat the fat in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Form the mixture into patties and fry until browned on both sides.