Homeopathy has been around for over 200 years, and it is clearly a wise tradition that many of us have explored! It is a natural, holistic way to stimulate the body’s own healing ability, and it has been used in ancient cultures worldwide!
In today’s episode, Paola Brown, the President of Americans for Homeopathy Choice, explains homeopathy in detail and elaborates on why it is a powerful healing tool. She also discusses what the FDA is doing that is jeopardizing the future of homeopathy in the U.S. The FDA regulates homeopathy and things have gone smoothly for the past 30 years. Now, it wants to withdraw its Compliance Policy Guide which could upend the industry and cause mistakes that could throw into question homeopathy’s efficacy and reputation.
Our hope is that this episode will help you gain a better understanding of homeopathy, and will make clear the importance of defending our right to it today, as a vanguard of our health rights in the future.
Highlights of today’s conversation include:
- Paola’s personal health crisis that led to her pursuing homeopathy
- how her own mother used homeopathy on her in her native Brazil
- her concern that a “medical cleansing” of sorts is in the works to prevent people from exercising their own rights to choose natural alternatives
- how long homeopathy has been in existence
The principles of homeopathy – diluted substances and “like heals like”
- how homeopathy is non-toxic and gentle
- how homeopathy “attends” the physical problem
- how the FDA regulates homeopathy
- recent FDA actions on homeopathy
- In 2015, they said they wanted to edit/update the document, but now they plan to completely withdraw the Compliance Policy Guide (CPG) drawn up in 1988
- why the CPG is so important – how it has standardized remedies and how there have been no safety concerns for the 30 years it has been in effect
- why the idea of withdrawing it is reckless
- the FDA’s bias against homeopathy
- the contrast of the FDA’s press release on Tamiflu and its press release on homeopathy
- why some of the FDA’s statements seem condescending
- who can handle homeopathy (and why you don’t need a degree to do so)
- a call to action to “check” the FDA by writing the President and congressmen and senators
- our need to defend our health decision freedom
“Confessions of a medical heretic” – book by Robert Mendelsohn