There is a push to roll out small cell towers in our neighborhoods and cities. The radiation from these small wireless antennas is not small at all. The installations–placed on streetlights, lampposts, trash cans, & mailboxes in our neighborhoods–emit microwave radiation at higher frequencies than our current technology and, thus, pose a greater threat to our health than ever before.
Ostensibly these are being approved and installed by cities in response to consumer demand for faster internet service. But 5G promises “fast” and delivers “unsafe” in its place. Theodora Scarato is the Executive Director of the Environmental Health Trust (EHT), one of the leading environmental health organization working on 5G, small cells and cell phone radiation. On today’s podcast, Theodora discusses the health ramifications of 5G radiation in and near our homes. She cites multiple studies and worldwide concern, raised by 250+ scientists, over the effects of this radiation. She also gives us practical ideas for how to protect our families and advocate for our health on a local and federal level.
Highlights from the conversation include:
- the definition of 5G, basically technology that places small cell towers in close proximity to one another w/in your neighborhood or city
- how 5G is supposed to be good for all the “machine-to-machine” connections: your phone to your washer and dryer, self-driving cars, etc.
- how some companies say 5G towers need to be placed every 2-10 houses, for the signals to be continuous
- how 5G is portrayed as a way to get faster internet connections, but how wired internet and phone lines provide faster and more secure service, without additional radiation
- the environmental impact of 5G, including the extra energy needed to run the many small cell towers
- how 5G can be problematic for our privacy and how it makes it easier to hack
- how no companies have demonstrated the safety of wifi and 5G (quite the opposite has been demonstrated, in fact).
- how millimeter waves, such as those used w/ 5G technology have been used as a crowd controlling device
- the impact of those waves on our cells and on children whose brains are still developing
- The NIH National Toxicology Program animal studies that found “clear evidence” of cancer, increased bran tumors and heart damage from radio-frequency wireless radiation.
- how the Telecommunications Act of 1996, Section 704, has been interpreted by elected officials as a gag order to halt talking about the health effects of the placement of cell towers
- how the United States has a higher level of allowable radiation than other countries
- the small easy steps Theodora took to lower radiation in her own home
Environmental Health Trust (EHT) website w/ resources such as videos, articles, and studies🖨️ Print post