Potassium broth is healthy and healing. It is simple and affordable to make. With the basic ingredients listed below, you can actually use whatever is in your kitchen. The list is a guideline to start with; be creative. I save my organic trimmings including onion ends & skins, carrots, garlic – okay basically my veggies scraps. They are kept in a gallon freezer bag for making broth.
- potato peels from about 6 scrubbed potatoes
- 1 sliced onion
- 2-3 sliced carrots (not peeled)
- 1-2 sliced celery ribs
- fresh or dried parsley
- 2-4 quarts filtered water
- Add all your ingredients to a pot.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Add unrefined sea salt, freshly ground pepper and other herbs/spices the last 10 minutes.
- Cool broth and strain.
- The spices, unrefined sea salt, and pepper really make an important flavor difference.I actually like to add salt, pepper and seasonings after I have strained the peels and veggies.
- You can enhance your health and broth by adding seasonings. If you are dealing with a health concern, look up what herbs will help support that and add it to your broth.
- For example colds or flu, add garlic. Sinus clearing – chili pepper. Detox – cilantro.