Asparagus is a great vegetable source of Vitamin K and folate and has unique phytonutrients called saponins which help the immune system. This is a simple, quick and super flavorful side or main dish that will blow away those who might not typically like the bitterness of asparagus. Our kids never really liked asparagus but they ask for this recipe often!
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 1-2 Tbsp. organic butter
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Unrefined sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim ends of asparagus and spread in pan. Melt butter and pour over asparagus.
- Mix tomatoes with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Let stand a few minutes to season.
- Spread tomatoes over asparagus. Roast until just tender, approx. 6-8 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese of choice and enjoy!
Chef Jemichel says
And there are additional health benefits to asparagus including being a food source of prebiotics – as recommended by “The Perlmutter plan”:
Is it good to eat Asparagus every day ?
Thank you very much