A sausage hash is a nutrient-dense and hearty meal that can be served any time of day. In this recipe I used carrots and potatoes, because that’s what I had on hand, but you can sub the vegetables with squash, sweet potato, bell peppers, etc.
- 3 large yukon potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces (substitute sweet potato for Paleo)
- 6 carrots, cut into 1-inch coins
- 1 tablespoon ghee or tallow, melted
- 1 pound organic sausage (links or ground will work well)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
Place potatoes and carrots in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
Cook the sausage in the ghee over medium heat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add the onion, and continue to cook until onion is just turning golden on the edges, about 10 minutes (the sausage will start to brown a bit in the pan). Stir in the garlic. Stir in salt. Add the potatoes and carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the parsley and serve.🖨️ Print post