Dr. Linda’s is a gold sponsor of our 2021 Wise Traditions conference and we’re excited to publish her recipe! She has other recipes that feature seaweed that you may enjoy as well! She offers us the following facts about seaweed, a mineral-rich gift from the sea. It is a very user friendly food source, is light-weight, yet rich in minerals and protein, stores well in a glass jar for months without refrigeration and is also a great source of magnesium, a mineral vital to our overall health and emotional well-being.
- 2 C sprouted lentils
- 8 C broth, such as chicken broth
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 white onion
- 4 carrots or 2 beets
- 3 celery stalks
- 5 kale leaves
- 1 red pepper
- 1/4 Seaweed Soup Mix
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t curry powder
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 t sea salt or Ume Plum Vinegar
- Use organic and local ingredients
- Chop vegetables.
- Saute onions, garlic and vegetables until soft. [Recipe moderator note: Sally Fallon Morell recommends Kale be very, very well cooked to make it more digestible.]
- Add broth, seaweed soup mix, lentils and spices.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until lentils are soft. 20 minutes
- Yields 4 servings