Here is a short but sweet recipe for jellybeans that doesn’t include any sugar or fruit, but does pack a punch with loads of gelatin and coconut cream.
[Recipe moderator notes: We recommend a brand of coconut cream like this one with no added guar gum. We also recommend this brand of gelatin with a 10% off discount code NOURISH10 on your entire cart. The brand Susie links to in the recipe is also one of our recommended brands!]
- 2 cans (5 oz each) full fat organic coconut cream
- 1 can full fat organic coconut milk
- Extracts of choice (I used vanilla, peppermint, almond)
- Food based dye (I used India Tree)
- Gelatin (I use this kind)
- Molds (I got mine off of eBay)
- Open into pan and blend together coconut cream and milk
- Sprinkle 8 TB gelatin over the top and stir in until blended. It will be chunky!
- Heat mixture until smooth. Add extracts and food coloring. (I divided mine into 3 bowls for 3 colors and flavors.)
- Using a cup with a pour spout (I used a measuring cup), pour into molds and place in freezer for 15 min.
- Using knife, pop out of molds.
Maria Ragland says
Can I add honey to make them sweet for my kids? Or would it not set correctly?