Two good bills have been introduced in the New York legislature that would add a religious belief exemption to vaccines required for school.
Currently the only option for a vaccine exemption for school children in New York is a medical exemption, which is notoriously difficult to obtain. A.9913 and its identical/companion bill S.2677 wouldexpand a parent (or guardian’s) option by adding a religious belief exemption.
A.9913 is moving and was referred to Assembly Health Committee on 4-29-22.
These are great bills – but it’s a long road to them becoming law! We need you to make your voice heard!
Urge your legislators to support A.9913 and S.2677 today!
- Contact your State Assembly Member and urge them to support A.9913. It is especially important to contact your Assembly member if they are on the Assembly Health Committee (see listed below or scroll to end on webpage).
- Contact your State Senator and urge them to support S.2677.
Find your New York Assembly Member: https://nyassembly.gov/mem/search/
Find your New State Senator: https://www.nysenate.gov/find-my-senator
Sample script for email or calls is below. Personalize it by adding your own sentences and/or changing the wording – personal letters are far more effective than form letters!
“My name is ____ and I live in (town.) I am calling to ask Assembly Member or/Senator ___ to support A.9913/or S.2677, which would create a religious belief vaccine exemption for school children.
This terrific bill would allow parents to make decisions that are best for their children based on their sincerely held religious beliefs.
Forcing parents to choose between education and vaccinating their children with numerous vaccines that go against their religious views is simply wrong. It is time to bring religious vaccine exemptions back to New York.
Can you let me know where Senator ___ stands on this issue? You can email me at ____ or call me back at ____.”
Keep your call or email short! Pick the 2 or 3 talking points that are most important to you, and be sure to explain why this issue matters to you personally.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Share why this is personal to you. Do you have religious beliefs that conflict with vaccination?
- COVID-19 shots and several vaccines are manufactured using aborted fetal cell lines and/or aborted fetal tissue in original production. https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/use-of-aborted-fetal-tissue-in-vaccines/
This article shows one of the world’s leading authorities on vaccination describing the use of 3-month-old aborted fetuses in vaccine research. https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/worlds-leading-authority-on-vaccines-details-the-use-of-aborted-babies-in-vaccines-while-under-oath/
- New York is 1 of only 5 states that do not currently allow parents to claim a religious exemption for their children. This infringes on parents sincerely held religious beliefs. New York’s policy violates religious exemption to vaccination already provided for and protected under the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- To be forced to do something to our bodies which violates our beliefs is to sin against God.
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufactures reap all the profits from vaccines, without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm.
- The claimed justification – that unvaccinated individuals pose a health risk to others – is unsupported in the medical literature. In fact, vaccinated individuals can pose greater risk to public health due to a process known as shedding. Scientific evidence demonstrates that individuals vaccinated with live virus vaccines such as MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), rotavirus, chicken pox, shingles, and influenza can shed the virus for many weeks or months afterwards and infect the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike. https://www.westonaprice.org/studies-show-that-vaccinated-individuals-spread-disease/
- The U.S. Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The US Government has paid out more than $4.4 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to VAERS. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/
Learn more about the bills here:
Assembly Health Committee Members – Contact information is hyperlinked for each on the committee page at https://nyassembly.gov/comm/?id=19
Chair – Richard N. Gottfried
- Thomas J. Abinanti
- Jake Ashby
- Rodneyse Bichotte Hermelyn
- Edward C. Braunstein
- Kevin M. Byrne
- Marjorie Byrnes
- Kevin A. Cahill
- Steven Cymbrowitz
- Jeffrey Dinowitz
- Sandy Galef
- Jessica González-Rojas
- Aileen M. Gunther
- Andrew Hevesi
- Josh Jensen
- John T. McDonald III
- David G. McDonough
- Amy Paulin
- Karines Reyes
- Daniel Rosenthal
- Linda B. Rosenthal
- John Salka
- Nader J. Sayegh
- Michaelle C. Solages
- Phil Steck