Several Pennsylvania state legislators are fighting for truly informed consent in vaccination — free from harassment, loss of medical care, or interference with the doctor’s medical judgment! Will you help move this important bill forward?
Known as the “Informed Consent Protection Act,” HB 286 (formerly HB 2683) would provide protection for those who choose not to follow the CDCs recommended vaccine schedule.
HB 286 would prohibit discrimination against patients, parents, or guardians by health care practitioners and facilities based solely on their decisions to delay or decline a vaccine. Those who delay or decline vaccinations could not be dismissed from a doctor’s care or lose medical privileges.
The bill would also prohibit health care practitioners from requiring a patient or guardian to sign a self-incriminating waiver as a condition for continuing to provide medial care.
Additionally, a health care practitioner would not be allowed to accept a financial incentive from an insurance or pharmaceutical company for vaccinating patients or for maintaining a certain rate of vaccinated patients within his or her medical practice.
HB 286 also outlines a series of fines and penalties in the event that a health care practitioner does not comply with the legislation and ensures that vaccine status cannot be the sole reason to initiate a Child Protective Services investigation.
Will you help move this bill forward by calling your legislator to urge him or her to co-sponsor the bill?
Thank you to Representatives Metcalfe, Diamond, Kauffman, James, Irvin, Cox, Keefer, and Staats for introducing this important bill!
- Attend a Press Conference hosted by Representative Metcalfe on April 30, 2019 at 10:00 AM to support HB 286.
Location: Capitol Media Center
Harrisburg Capitol Complex
Visit The Pennsylvania Coalition for Informed Consent (PCIC) Facebook page here for more information and updates: https://www.facebook.com/events/379066039592827/
- Call your Pennsylvania State Representative and urge them to SUPPORT HB 286!
Click here to find your State Representative: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/
(Remember to call your State Representative, not U.S. House)
Calls have a greater impact than emails, and take only a couple of minutes!
“Hi, my name is ____, and I am a constituent. I am calling to urge Representative ___ to co-sponsor HB 286.
This is an important bill that allows patients and doctors to make informed decisions about vaccination, without improper harassment or inducements.
All people should be able to make their own decisions about the risks and benefits of any medical intervention without being coerced or punished.
If the goal is to promote public health, then punishing people by denying them medical care because of vaccination decisions does not make sense, both for the individual and our society.
Doctors should use their best medical judgment in advising their patients, not influenced by monetary incentives by insurers and pharmaceutical companies.
Can you let me know where Representative ___ stands on this issue? You can email me at ____ or call me back at ____.”
- All people should have the right to make their own decisions regarding any medical intervention.
- Vaccines are a medical procedure that carry a risk of serious injury. The US Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The US Government has paid out more that $4 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to VAERS. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/
- Some doctors do not want families who do not vaccinate in their practice, not because of health concerns for their patients, but because accepting patients who do not vaccinate disqualifies these doctors from receiving thousands of dollars in bonuses from insurance companies. HB 286 would correct this problem in Pennsylvania. https://vactruth.com/2016/08/06/8-reasons-doctors-push-vaccines/
- Child Protective Services has wrongly taken away children from parents who choose to delay or decline vaccines for their children. This is clearly a violation of civil rights. HB 2683 would prohibit such actions in Pennsylvania. https://healthimpactnews.com/2017/vaccine-refusal-increasingly-being-linked-to-medical-kidnapping-violations-of-civil-rights/
Remember, your involvement and activism works!
For the text, status and history of HB 286 click here: https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/bill_history.cfm?syear=2019&sind=0&body=H&type=B&bn=286🖨️ Print post
Cheryl Landis says
Thanks for this information, I support vaccine choice in PA!!!