The bad vaccine bill that we recently alerted you to passed the Oregon House on May 6, 2019 by a vote of 35 ayes to 25 nays. It will now go to the Senate for a vote.
Your opposition helped convince 25 Representatives to vote no … now we need to convince a majority of the Senators!
H.B. 3063, would eliminate personal belief and religious exemptions to vaccines for all children attending public, private, parochial, and charter schools.
This would leave medical exemptions as the only way out – but medical exemptions are notoriously difficult to obtain. In many states, we’ve seen doctors who do provide medical exemptions come under attack by medical authorities, leaving families with no real options for opting out of vaccine mandates.
Personal and religious freedoms should be protected. Forcing parents to choose between education and vaccinating their children with numerous vaccines is simply wrong.
The bill also requires the Oregon Health Authority to establish an outreach and education plan for vaccination.
Please help us protect the right to choose by contacting your Oregon state Senators immediately!
Just a few minutes of your time can make a huge difference.
Talking points, which explain more about the problems with H.B. 3063, are below the Take Action section.
Contact your Oregon State Senators and ask them to oppose HB 3063.
You can look up who represents you: https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/senate/Pages/SenatorsAll.aspx (there is an option to use your zip code to look up your legislator on the bottom of the right-hand sidebar)
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Senator____ to oppose H.B. 3063, which would remove personal belief and religious exemptions to vaccination for all Oregon school children.
Include a brief explanation of why this is important to YOU.
The Oregon vaccination rate is approximately 94-95% for the 7 vaccines surveyed by the CDC. The existing philosophical and religious exemptions are not harming the overall vaccination rates.
Religious liberty is a fundamental right, and individuals’ choices about what to put into their bodies – or their children’s bodies – should be respected by the state.
Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death, and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm. Parents need to be able to make informed choices about their children’s care based on their specific situation, not forced to choose between educating and vaccinating their child.
I urge Senator _____ to oppose H.B. 3063.”
You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- This legislation discriminates against families with sincere philosophical or religious beliefs opposing the administration of one or more vaccines to their children.
- The Oregon vaccination rate is approximately 94-95% for the 7 vaccines surveyed by the CDC. The existing philosophical and religious exemption has not decreased rates and must be left intact. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6640a3.htm
- There are about 31,500 children who have a non-medical vaccinate exemption in Oregon. Schools in Oregon could lose up to 400 million dollars in revenue if parents decided to homeschool.
- This bill could cause over 6,000 children with an Individualized education program (IEP) to lose services.
- This bill would segregate children due to their vaccine status from extra curricular and sports activities.
- As recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court – and evidenced by the $4 billion that has been paid by the federal government to victims – vaccines can injure and kill an individual. Parents need to be able to make informed choices about their children’s care based on their specific situation, not forced to choose between educating and vaccinating their child.
- The idea that unvaccinated individuals pose a health risk to others is unsupported in the medical literature. In fact, vaccinated individuals can pose greater risk to public health due to a process known as shedding. Scientific evidence demonstrates that individuals vaccinated with live virus vaccines such as MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), rotavirus, chicken pox, shingles and influenza can shed the virus for many weeks or months afterwards. https://www.westonaprice.org/studies-show-that-vaccinated-individuals-spread-disease/
- Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death and no one knows in advance whom a vaccine will harm. Vaccine ingredients vary, but may contain a variety of toxic ingredients including but not limited to; mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde, cells from fetuses, cells from monkey kidneys, chicken egg proteins, gelatin, and viruses. http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm
- Many vaccines are made using aborted fetal tissue. This article shows one of the world’s leading authorities on vaccination describing the use of 3-month-old aborted fetuses in vaccines. https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/worlds-leading-authority-on-vaccines-details-the-use-of-aborted-babies-in-vaccines-while-under-oath/
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufactures reap all the profits from vaccines, without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm.
View H.B. 3063 here: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Measures/Overview/HB3063
If you want to learn more about other vaccine bills being considered in Oregon visit: The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) https://nvicadvocacy.org/members/Home.aspx