This is a simple topping to place on a baked potato. It is also excellent cold as a snack. Toppings are unlimited. Macadamia nuts or pecans would be a good substitute.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts, soaked and dehydrated
- 4 Tbsp ghee or clarified butter
- Slice sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Rub potatoes all over with some of the ghee and place flat side down on the parchment paper.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes start to caramelize.
- Flip sweet potatoes over to expose flat side and mash in the skin with a fork.
- Add a tablespoon of ghee to each piece and sprinkle crushed walnuts on top.
- Serve while hot as a side.
Leave a Reply