This dish may be enjoyed as a simple superfood breakfast. If you are avoiding grains, eat the cod liver salad without bread or add it to greens. Cod liver is one of the most nutritious foods. It is high in vitamins A, D, K, E. The taste is buttery and delicate. The cost, considered the nutritional value, is very inexpensive. It’s important to buy high quality, in own oil and juices. Recommended brands included in the recipe links!
- 1 can wild cod liver (4.3 oz can or so). Another option
- 2 boiled eggs (organic, pasture raised)
- About 1 oz red onion
- Dill and white pepper goes well with it too.
- Salt if needed
- Smash eggs and liver with fork, it’s ok to leave it a bit chunky texture.
- Chop red onion very finely, mix everything.
- Adjust the taste.
- Serve on slice of toasted bread (I made sourdough buckwheat bread) with arugula (or not).