I have tried many different methods to make crispy breaded chicken, and this easy method is by far my favorite. My kids are crazy about this dish, we make it once a week and they ask for it every day. Give it a try, you won’t regret it!
This is a slight modification of the recipe “Tink’s Crunchy Panko Chicken” on food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs [preferably pasture-raised and soy/corn free]
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (sourdough breadcrumbs are best, but I usually use organic panko)
- 1 tbsp [sprouted] flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup [homemade] mayonnaise - recipe
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Mayo and ketchup for dipping sauce – recipe for fermented ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a metal baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray (I use avocado oil spray).
- Combine breadcrumbs, flour, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper in one bowl. Combine mayo and paprika in another bowl.
- For each piece of chicken thigh, dry it well with a paper towel, then coat with the mayo mixture and then with the breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking tray.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- Make a simple dipping sauce for this chicken by mixing mayo and ketchup in a 2:1 ratio.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!