- 29-ounce can Muir Glen fire roasted tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whey (liquid, unpasteurized) or juice from kraut, pickles or kimchi
- 1/2 tin anchovies in olive oil
- 1/4 large green pepper, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mace, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1/2 teaspoon powdered chipotle
- 2 pinches each ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- Purée the ingredients in a blender, Vitamix or with an immersion blender.
- Let sit at room temperature for several hours to culture. Makes about one quart.