I was searching for a cracker with no high-fructose corn syrup or sugar and I stumbled on, “How to make your crackers at home.” Thus the journey began to make this gluten-free, dairy-free, plant-based, fiber-full and sugar-free cracker. This recipe took 5 months to develop. I never thought so many people would be enjoying this cracker and want me to teach them how to make them. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
- 5 cups almond flour made from soaked and dried almonds
- 1/3 cup freshly ground flax meal
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tsp chia seeds
- 4 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp onion flakes
- 2 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups water (preferably warm)
Sprinkle Mix: 1 tsp each of onion flakes, poppy seeds and sesame seeds (I pre-mix this into a shaker until full and just sprinkle on the top of rolled dough.)
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients but the water and mix until well incorporated. Then add water until moist but not wet.
- Gather 1/3 of dough into a ball and place between 2 sheets of unbleached parchment paper. Roll as thin as possible.
- Remove top layer of parchment paper and sprinkle with the sprinkle mix. Gently press mix into crackers.
- Using a pizza cutter, score rolled out dough into 1-2 inch squares.
- Do steps 2-4 using 1/3 of dough each time until you have 3 sheets of scored and sprinkled crackers.
- Bake at 225°F for 2 hours until crunchy.