Last year State Representative Kyle Mullica unsuccessfully attempted to eliminate vaccine exemption rights in Colorado. Now he and his fellow legislators are at it again – this time with two new bills.
S.B 156 would allow children to receive Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and Hepatitis B vaccines without parental consent!
This bill amends current law, which allows minors to receive testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases, by adding “preventive measures and care,” i.e.: vaccines.
It would allow minors to consent to vaccines for HPV and Hepatitis B, as well as any other vaccines that may be approved for sexually transmitted diseases in the future.
S.B. 163 creates an immunization tracking system and requires schools to publish their vaccination rates. In small districts, this can create unwarranted pressure on families suspected of reducing the vaccination rate. Moreover, it is misleading, given that the district would be reporting children as being “under-vaccinated” even if they are simply lacking one or two vaccines for diseases that are not contagious in school settings (either at all, like tetanus, or only through intimate contact, like HPV).
S.B. 163 also requires parents to complete an online vaccine educational module or to have a vaccine provider sign their child’s religious or personal belief vaccine exemption.
These bills are expected to move very fast! You can help with calls, emails, and your presence at the hearings – see the action items below. Every voice can make a difference in stopping S.B. 156 and S.B. 163 and preserving truly informed, uncoerced consent.
Please take action today!
- Attend a hearing for S.B. 163 on Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
Time: After Adjournment
(After adjournment means after the Senate is done with their morning floor work. This can be at any time in the morning, or even into the afternoon depending on how long the floor session goes. People are advised to arrive by 10:00 A.M.)
Old Supreme Court Room
200 East Colfax Avenue
Denver, Colorado 80203
(For directions, call the Committee’s office at 303-866-6264)
- Contact your Colorado State Senator and ask him or her to OPPPOSE S.B. 156 and S.B. 163. You can find out who represents you at: http://leg.colorado.gov/find-my-legislator
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Senator ____ to OPPOSE both S.B. 156 and S.B. 163.
I oppose S.B. 156 because it allows minors to consent to HPV and Hepatitis B vaccines without parental consent. These vaccines carry a high rate of side effects. Both vaccines have been documented to lead to permanent lifelong injuries, such as autoimmune illnesses and even death. It is irresponsible to allow children to make medical decisions that may injure or kill them without the knowledge of their parents.
I oppose S.B. 163 because of the creation of a vaccine tracking system and the requirement for schools to publish their vaccination rates. Given that the CDC schedule calls for children to get as many as 69 doses for 16 different illnesses, the statistics can easily mislead parents into being concerned when some children don’t get every single dose for every single illness. Several of the illnesses, such as tetanus and HPV, aren’t contagious (either at all or in a school setting). Others, such as rotavirus, do not pose a health risk to school age children. The public needs accurate information about vaccines, not scare tactics.
I urge Senator _______ to oppose these bills.
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you. You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- HPV vaccines have a high incidence of adverse reactions. Many children have died or become severely injured after receiving HPV vaccines. Authorizing minors to consent to HPV vaccines is dangerous and irresponsible. https://vaers.hhs.gov/index
- There have been more than 55,000 adverse reactions, including over 400 deaths, reported to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) related to the HPV vaccine – and it is estimated by the government that only 1-10% of all reactions are ever reported!
- A study out of Canada shows just how dangerous HPV vaccines are. The study looked at 195,270 girls who received HPV vaccination. Of the vaccinated girls, there were 958 hospitalizations and 19,351 ED (emergency room visits).
That means 10% of HVP vaccine recipients studied had a reaction that required a visit to the ER or hospitalization. http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/news-views/hpv-vaccines-why-oh-why-are-they-on-the-market-at-all/
- HPV vaccines have the potential to trigger life-disabling autoimmune conditions and were shown in this study to likely cause primary ovarian failure. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23902317/?i=5&from=%2F25427994%2Frelated
- France, India, Japan, and Spain have filed criminal charges against HPV vaccine manufacturers for fraud, safety, and providing misleading information. For more misconduct see: http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/news-views/posting-foia-documents-on-hpv-vaccine-cover-up-by-officials/
- Whistleblower Dr. Sin Hang Lee reported that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), health officials in Japan and other nations all participated in covering up the dangers of HPV vaccines Gardasil and Cervarix. http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/news-views/officials-cover-up-dangers-of-hpv-vaccines/
- The CDC reports: “Most people with HPV never develop symptoms or health problems. Most HPV infections (90%) go away by themselves within two years.” https://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm
- Hepatitis B vaccines are linked to serious autoimmune disorders, autism, Bell’s palsy, multiple sclerosis, anaphylactic shock and death. Using the MedAlerts search engine, as of October 31, 2017, there have been more than 85,549 reports of hepatitis b containing vaccine reactions, hospitalizations, injuries and deaths following Hepatitis Bb containing vaccinations made to the federal Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS), including 1,920 related deaths, 11,541 hospitalizations, and 3,142 related disabilities. https://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/hepatitis-b/vaccine-injury.aspx
- The U.S. and Western Europe have always had among the lowest rates of Hepatitis B disease in the world (0.1% to 0.5% of the general population), and yet the CDC recommends the vaccine for all children and adolescents, beginning within 12 hours of birth. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hep-b.html We are exposing large numbers of children to potentially serious side effect, for a disease that they are highly unlikely to be exposed to until much later in life, if at all.
- Supporters of vaccine tracking systems claim they are a way to protect patients by guaranteeing patients don’t receive multiple doses of the same vaccinations by different providers. According to CDC’s own statements, though, it’s clear that one purpose of these registries is to create pressure on people who are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated. CDC openly stated that vaccine registries are a tool to identify areas of “undervaccination” so they can be “addressed” and brought into “compliance.” https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6133a2.htm
View text, status and history of SB 156 here:
View text, status and history of SB 163 here: https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb20-163?fbclid=IwAR2O7aiknyqIuyZLDQUFrNV2qPUUUv4E2eU2riaihrVEKFGOL5sewaeV1Bc
Read this article on HPV vaccines: https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/the-troubling-truth-behind-hpv-vaccines-prepare-to-be-outraged/