The California legislature is once again considering a bill that would endanger children while keeping parents in the dark!
S.B. 866 would allow minors 12 years and older to consent to any vaccine approved by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).
If passed S.B. 866 would grant vaccine providers permission to vaccinate our children without parental consent!
According to A Voice For Choice Advocacy, this bill is modeled on the San Francisco order that already allows minors 12 years and older to receive a COVID-19 vaccine if a parent is not reachable.
Medical practitioners should never be permitted to coerce impressionable minor children into a medical procedure that can cause injury or death behind their parent’s backs.
Please help us protect children today!
Contact your California State Senator and ask him or her to oppose S.B. 866. You can find out who represents you at: http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Senator ____ to oppose S.B. 866, which allows minors to consent to vaccines without parental approval or notification.
As recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court, vaccines are pharmaceutical products that carry risk of injury or death. It is irresponsible to allow children to make medical decisions that may injure or kill them without the knowledge of their parents.
The U.S. Federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program has awarded over 4.4 billion dollars to vaccine victims. And the true numbers of injuries are undoubtedly much higher, since it is estimated that two out of three plaintiffs are turned away.
Minor children may not be aware of family medical histories, and even their own young childhood history of vaccine reactions, which would be relevant to deciding if a particular vaccine’s risks outweigh the benefits.
I urge Senator _______ to oppose this bill.
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you. You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Share a personal story if you have relevant experience. Do you have a vaccine-injured child, and you weren’t told about the risks before vaccinating or were pressured into vaccinating despite your concerns about the risks? Do you have family members with medical conditions that would be relevant to assessing the risks, and your child doesn’t know the details?
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufactures reap all the profits from vaccines, without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm.
- Vaccines are pharmaceutical products that carry a risk of injury or death. Minor children may not be aware of family and their own personal history of vaccine reactions or personal contraindications to relay to the vaccine administrator.
- The U.S. Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The US Government has paid out more that $4.4 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to VAERS. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/
- By consenting to a vaccine, a child is also consenting a shortened statute of limitations for any claim of injury under the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program – presumably with little or no understanding of what that means. It is also much less likely vaccine reactions will be recognized and connected to the vaccine by a child on their own and filed with the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.
- COVID-19 vaccines carry the risk of injury and death for some so there has to be informed consent and the right to refuse the vaccine without penalty. As of January 14th, there have already been 732,883 COVID-19 Vaccine adverse events and 10,162 COVID-19 Vaccine deaths reported in the U.S. to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System. https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/index.php
- Young adults and teens (especially males) vaccinated against COVID-19 have been shown to have a higher risk for myocarditis (heart inflammation) than other populations. There has simply not been enough time to see what the risks of myocarditis and other potentially serious side effects of the vaccine are for younger children.
View text, status and history of the bill here: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220SB866🖨️ Print post