Yesterday we sent you the alert below asking for your support to help stop this terrible bill. We would like to inform you that signups to testify now begin at 8:00 a.m., not 8:30a.m. as previously announced.
Help stop a dangerous vaccine bill in the Connecticut Legislature!
The Connecticut Legislature is considering a bad vaccine bill, H.B. 5044, which would eliminate religious exemption to vaccination for all schools in Connecticut and place doctors who write medical exemptions under government scrutiny.
H.B. 5044 does the following:
- Removes the existing religious exemption to vaccination for public and private schools, colleges, childcare centers, and group homes, and gives families until July of this year to catch up on all mandated vaccines
- Directs the Commissioner of Health to create the medical exemption form that must be used starting July 1, 2020
- Establishes an Advisory Committee as part of the Public Health Committee to review medical exemptions granted by doctors
- Requires any adult born after 1956 who is enrolling in higher education held on pubic campuses to have proof of receiving two doses of MMR, chickenpox, and meningitis vaccines
This bill threatens both religious liberties and those individuals who need medical exemptions, due to the increased pressure and scrutiny doctors will now face.
Please help us protect the right to religious and medical vaccine exemptions by contacting your state legislators today!
- Attend a public hearing Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 10:00a.m.
The Legislative Office Building
300 Capitol Avenue
Please plan to testify and bring 30 copies of your written testimony.
If you do not wish to speak or cannot attend, please submit written testimony to email@example.com before 2-19-20.
Sign ups to testify begin at 8:30 a.m. This will likely be a long day, so bring water, snacks, etc.
Parking: Armory Street (fills up fast), Capital Place Parking at 21 Oak Street a few blocks away. Other Parking Options. Get there early or consider a ride share, a lot of people are expected.
Your attendance makes a huge difference. Together we can defeat this bill.
- Contact your Connecticut State Representative and ask him or her to OPPPOSE H.B. 5044. You can find out who represents you at: https://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/cgafindleg.asp
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Representative ____ to oppose H.B. 5044.
I oppose any legislation that would eliminate religious exemptions to vaccination.
Religious freedom is a fundamental right, and the government should not force people to inject pharmaceutical products into their bodies over their sincerely held religious beliefs.
In addition. H.B 5044 intrudes on the doctor-patient relationship by imposing government review of medical exemptions. Licensed doctors should not be subject to the new advisory board’s review simply because they have patients who have medical reasons to not be vaccinated. The fact that the government has had to pay over $4 billion in damages to people who have been injured or killed by vaccines shows that there is a medical risk to some people – and the assessment of that risk should be left to the individual and their doctor, not a government review board.
There is no need to eliminate religious exemptions or restrict the medical exemptions. The Connecticut child vaccination rate is currently 96.7%. The current law is working.
I urge Representative _______ to oppose this bill.
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you. You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Share why this is personal to you, whether it is because you have a religious belief that conflicts with vaccination or you support religious freedom generally, or whatever your reasons are.
- The Connecticut child vaccination rate is currently 96.7% for the 7 vaccines surveyed by the CDC. The existing religious exemptions are not a problem and should be left intact. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6640a3.htm
- The claimed justification – that unvaccinated individuals pose a health risk to others – is unsupported in the medical literature. In fact, vaccinated individuals can pose greater risk to public health due to a process known as shedding. Scientific evidence demonstrates that individuals vaccinated with live virus vaccines such as MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), rotavirus, chicken pox, shingles, and influenza can shed the virus for many weeks or months afterwards and infect the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike. https://www.westonaprice.org/studies-show-that-vaccinated-individuals-spread-disease/
- The US Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The US Government has paid out approximately $4 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to VAERS. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. Vaccine makers have no incentive to make vaccines safe.
- Physicians, in the American Medical Association Code of Ethics, affirm philosophical and religious exemptions for themselves. Parents should have that same right. https://www.ama-assn.org/sites/ama-assn.org/files/corp/media-browser/code-of-medical-ethics-chapter-8.pdf
View text, status and history of the bill here: https://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillstatus/cgabillstatus.asp?selBillType=LCO&which_year=2020&bill_num=698
Read more about vaccine mandates here: https://www.westonaprice.org/vaccine-mandates/🖨️ Print post