Oregon legislators are considering a bill S.B. 254 that would remove the ability of parents to decline required vaccines for their children unless the child is medically contraindicated.
This bill declares an emergency and would revoke currently available religious and philosophical vaccine exemptions. It would force unvaccinated children to attend online courses rather than going to school in person, and it would prevent such children from participating in school-related events, even in-person meetings with teachers.
Under S.B. 254, medical exemptions would only be allowed because of an “indicated medical diagnosis” and such exemptions would need to be submitted every year. It also limits the type of physicians who can write exemptions, which must be approved by a board.
Furthermore, S.B. 254 gives rule-making authority to the Oregon Health Authority to add required immunizations against “restrictable diseases” and adopt rules to establish a list of diseases that pose a threat to public health.
If passed, S.B. 254 would apply to children attending daycare or public, private, parochial, charter schools or alternative educational programs offering kindergarten through grade 12.
Please help us stop this terrible bill!
Contact your State Senator and urge him or her to OPPPOSE S.B. 254. You can find out who represents you at: https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/FindYourLegislator/leg-districts.html or see a full list of the Senators and their contact information at https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/senate/pages/senatorsall.aspx
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Senator ____ to OPPOSE S.B. 254.
I oppose any legislation that removes the ability of parents to decline vaccines for their children.
As declared by the U.S. Supreme Court, vaccines are pharmaceutical products that carry risk of injury or death.
The U.S. Federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program has awarded over 4 billion dollars to vaccine victims. And the true numbers of injuries are undoubtedly much higher, since it is estimated that two out of three plaintiffs are turned away and the FDA says less than 1 percent of all vaccine injuries are ever reported in the first place.
I urge Senator _______ to oppose this bill.
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you. You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Share why this is personal to you. Have you or a family member been injured by a vaccine? Do you have religious or philosophical beliefs that would be violated by the bill?
- Many vaccines are made using aborted fetal tissue. This article shows one of the world’s leading authorities on vaccination describing the use of 3-month-old aborted fetuses in vaccine research. https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/worlds-leading-authority-on-vaccines-details-the-use-of-aborted-babies-in-vaccines-while-under-oath/
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. The vaccine manufactures reap all the profits from vaccines, without having to pay for any of the injuries or harm.
- The claimed justification – that unvaccinated individuals pose a health risk to others – is unsupported in the medical literature. In fact, vaccinated individuals can pose greater risk to public health due to a process known as shedding. Scientific evidence demonstrates that individuals vaccinated with live virus vaccines such as MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), rotavirus, chicken pox, shingles, and influenza can shed the virus for many weeks or months afterwards and infect the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike. https://www.westonaprice.org/studies-show-that-vaccinated-individuals-spread-disease/
- The U.S. Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The US Government has paid out more that $4 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination to VAERS. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/
View text, status and history of the bill here: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2021R1/Measures/Overview/SB254🖨️ Print post